Sad day for me and the Supra (BIG READ)

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
So after much thought i was preparing to put the turboa up for sale. SO i give her a wash etc ,take some photos give it a really thorough clean and notice on my drive after what i thought was just a slight ticking noise.

Nothing to serious I'm thinking, I will pop over and see this guy in Brisbane who really knows his shit about supras and is basically all he works on.

So I get there and we greet each other and he asks whats up and i proceed to just say listen to this? I give it a bit of a rev and he looks and me and grins and says "not good, not good at all!".

After a bit of a chat he basically comes to the decision that i have a big end bearing knock and that the motor is gone unless i want to spend some big (for me) dollars and rebuild and build a nice tough streeter.

So guys, I think my time as a supra owner has come to an end for now. I am 99% sure I am going to cut my losses, lower the price and let who ever is interested that my car will be an absolute steal for the price I'm advertising it for.

He said I could pick up a long motor and he could have it swapped and running in 2-3 days but for the price and my current situation this has been ruled out as option as well.

So basically I wanted to thank all members that have given me advice and to let you guys know this forum has been great to a young, new supra owner. I really couldn't have asked for more out of it and at the risk of sounding like a dick I will miss this forum.

I will be sure to keep you guys updated and let you know where the car goes to and I will only be letting it go to a good home.

Much thanks guys and girls,

Jesse

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
suprarx7nut;1366485 said:
I wish I lived close to you. I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Good luck in your future endeavors and it's been a pleasure ogling over your car. :)

I feel the same way as he does, If I was closer i'd love to come get it. Don't know how i'd get the money but i'd deff try lol.

But... I hope things go well for you and the car goes to another good home

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I think you really should take a step back and think about this!! Rod knock (especially a quiet and in begining stages" can be fixed pretty cheap! Rod knock usually can be cured without doing a full rebuild! You have a very very rare official turbo A mkiii which WILL be a car worth alot of money in the future!!! Don't be one of them old men who regrets selling a car when they are young cause 30 years later it's worth $100,000+!

I think this is a bad idea selling the car...I don't know your situation but I'm willing to bet you can have the crank re-cut and polished with new bearings for less that $300 American...you'll have to do the hard work but it's worth keeping the car! Fuck I'd just go pull a crank from a Cressida at a junkyard!

In my opinion you aren't thinking about the big picture here!

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
gaboonviper85;1366503 said:
I think you really should take a step back and think about this!! Rod knock (especially a quiet and in begining stages" can be fixed pretty cheap! Rod knock usually can be cured without doing a full rebuild! You have a very very rare official turbo A mkiii which WILL be a car worth alot of money in the future!!! Don't be one of them old men who regrets selling a car when they are young cause 30 years later it's worth $100,000+!

I think this is a bad idea selling the car...I don't know your situation but I'm willing to bet you can have the crank re-cut and polished with new bearings for less that $300 American...you'll have to do the hard work but it's worth keeping the car! Fuck I'd just go pull a crank from a Cressida at a junkyard!

Yup...

89nasupra

Sugar, Water, Purple
Apr 8, 2008
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
by all means don't sell it. you will kick your self later. i had slight rod knock for three months before i finally finished it off by driving like an ass. so don't beat on it and you may be able to fix it relatively cheap.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
thanks for the input guys, i think my mind is madeup. congratulations to whoever buys this from me if they keep it until it appreciates (if it actually does).

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
gaboonviper85;1366503 said:

times 2!!!! if anything park the car and wait till you have the money... take out a loan, sell something but i wouldn't jump to selling the car right away...:3d_frown:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
dude... you have a turbo A supra... one in 500??? are you crazy??? i'd NEVER part with that thing... get a honduh, and wait till you have $ to fix it. either that or you're just crazy. lol.