S374 1.5JZ vs. LS1 w/ 150 shot, full bolt ons, MEXICO

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
RacerXJ220;1615359 said:
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment, and I am not trying to mislead anybody.

I had a fully rebuilt Marlin Crower Transmission that someone stole.

Even when I was factory, shifting @ higher RPM sucked. I read where ZaZZn, and Suprahero both talk about how bad it is. The syncros were redesigned at some point, I am not sure what years.

I know this transmission has 180K on it. It is still working great except anything higher than factory 7M redline. It is holding the power fine it seems. I always baby the car and I almost always just roll on it.

I do not know anybody who is shifting at 8K rpm on the R-154 like it's nothing. I do not want to lower my redline.

I just want my built R-154 back. I am bitter, so I will describe the agony of high RPM shifts. I should be making all of them.

Mannnn, sucks someone stole your R, I have a fully built marlin crawler R154..... I shift at redline......Engages gear Nicely..... So am i a first to tell you? :)... but i havent seen 600WHP Yet....

Last edited:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
That's okay. I will run this trans, and maybe another stock R-154 until I have enough for the V160.

Have you tried shifting your Marlin Crawler unit at 8K rpms? who did you buy it from?