S2k digi dash retrofit

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Sorry guys still playing the waiting game... Emailed the guy numerous times and still no response.. I will probably end up using a s2k temp sensor in the 2j as it seema to be the least hassle. Buuuut I still need to do something about the fuel sender as there is NO way I can retrofit the system the s2k uses to read fuel levels.... From what I've been reading (and I've been doing a lot) the s2k dashes have a eeprom that can be "reprogrammed" if you have the equiptment amd know what you're doing.... I have neither of these requirements and apparantly no one in the us does either haha.... To end a long update I am trying to find someone in the states that can do some reprogramming. Also I am in the process of finishing up the dash retrofit itself and should have it all pretty and atleast light up soon.. pics will ensue...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
What about 3P on here. He is doing a lot of work on the 7M ECU. If he could take a look at this, figure it out, if it is not that hard to do like flashing a 7M ECU, he could make some money.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
what about taking a potentiometer and hooking it up to the fuel sensor wire and test to see what ohm reading gives u full and empty then compare that to what the stock supra sensor and see how far off it is.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
He is doing nothing more than reseting the limits in the software to see the signal u want. I dont see why you couldnt get a new stock toyota sensor to get rid of the "noise" he talks about. then measure the difference between the stock max and min resitance for the supra then what the cluster wants. if the cluster is larger you should be able to insert the required ohm difference and it should work. most gauges is the world work in a linear fashion so by placing the resister in series you will always be adding that missing difference between the sensor and cluster.

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Any info about how to find the correct resistor? Or is it pretty much guessing?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
suprastupid;1781738 said:
Any info about how to find the correct resistor? Or is it pretty much guessing?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Potentiometer hooked to the gauge cluster, measure the resistance of the potentiometer at full/empty, then do the same for the stock cluster. If its linear it will work perfectly, and you can just wire in resistors.

Could be using the wrong term. A variable resistor is what I mean by potentiometer. Maybe im on crack.

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Will be following this thread, glad to see you're going through with it sir. :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
looks like its been idle for a few months, but im interested in if you are going to fiberglass the rest of it together or what hehe

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
His car is currently for sale, I believe this project is complete, but I haven't confirmed on his other build thread on that other forum...