S2 Airguide (Shine Replica)

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
staticpage;1512671 said:
rodel i just went over your post at Suprafourms, almost everyone over there is a dickhead. It is four pages of asshattery. I swear if some one talks to me or about me like that in person, DEAD.

not to thread jack but

they offer the carbon fiber version in both Plain weave or twill weave.
I want the CF, anyone want to offer there thought about the CF on a white car?

Well, not everyone can be please...oh well.

Carbon fiber is available in either plain or twill. A CF airguide on a white car will look good. Personally, If I had a white car, unless I had either other CF or black parts on the car...I'd just get the fiberglass version and paint it white.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
rmjsupra;1512512 said:
Rodel, count me in as well for a Pre-89 one.

WaT_ThE_SmeLL;1512662 said:
i want one pre 89 too...

If there is enough demand, then it is possible.

To all the pre89 guys that want it, you guys could start a "Pre-89 Shine Air-guide" thread and show that there is demand. :naughty:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This is a discussion on the Air guide and not a for sale thread. Pm Rodel with any questions you have about this product pertaining to buying it. He will be starting a groub buy pretty soon I'm sure and you can discuss it all you want in there. Thanks, Jay

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
From the SF thread (this is the original S2)
p1513167_1.jpg

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
whitemike;1513078 said:
Very curious about installation difficulty, as well as depth of the air guide (FMIC issues?)

Thanks!

easy install. depth is probably around 6 inches

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
rodel;1513215 said:
easy install. depth is probably around 6 inches

Would you say it sits deeper than the bumper itself? Say, if my FMIC clears the bumper by an inch or so.. does the airguide sit deeper than the bumper? Sorry for the questions, I'm VERY interested as my grill is cracked and I was going to get a new bumper anyways. This thing is PERFECT :)

-Mike

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
whitemike;1514775 said:
Would you say it sits deeper than the bumper itself? Say, if my FMIC clears the bumper by an inch or so.. does the airguide sit deeper than the bumper? Sorry for the questions, I'm VERY interested as my grill is cracked and I was going to get a new bumper anyways. This thing is PERFECT :)

-Mike

This. My MKIII 1JZ is going in for some minor accident repair on the rear quarter panel, plus a full respray that was already planned. Running a Greddy FMIC, and I'd love to figure out if this will fit with the Greddy. If I can just measure vs. stock bumper clearance, I'd order this in fiberglass in a New York minute. May as well add it while doing everything else.

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
X1000 on more detailed installed pictures. One from directly underneath the front bumper and perpendicular to the front bumper shot from a low angle. Will definitely look into this option and minor repair instead of the Greddy replica fb.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Dingoboy;1514847 said:
This. My MKIII 1JZ is going in for some minor accident repair on the rear quarter panel, plus a full respray that was already planned. Running a Greddy FMIC, and I'd love to figure out if this will fit with the Greddy. If I can just measure vs. stock bumper clearance, I'd order this in fiberglass in a New York minute. May as well add it while doing everything else.

whitemike;1514775 said:

-Mike

How about I give you the dimensions:

Width: Top - 40.25"
Width: Bottom - 38.75"

Depth: Top - 3.75"
Depth: Bottom - 5"

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
InFrnt0fU;1514973 said:
X1000 on more detailed installed pictures. One from directly underneath the front bumper and perpendicular to the front bumper shot from a low angle. Will definitely look into this option and minor repair instead of the Greddy replica fb.

Aren't the shots from page 1 convincing enough...that this airguide will transform and completely enhance the bumper? :naughty:

p1515647_1.jpg

p1515647_2.jpg

p1515647_3.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
because this part already existed, these guys just improved it..

a pre-89 air guide would have to pretty much be made from scratch, as it's a different shape, and depth...

also, most pre 89 folks don't seem to spend as much money on their cars as 89+ guys, maybe since they're not as rare (Myself included, I own an 86.5, and for some reason just don't love it as much as my other two)...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
whitemike;1519664 said:
I like my blacked out version better..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

i think if the lip was chrome, air guide and lip were paint matched, the wheels were gloss it would look 10x better. imo im not a fan of tinting the turns and prefer the euro better also with the bubble sides. IMO>

Toink

Aug 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
RazoE;1520310 said:
also, most pre 89 folks don't seem to spend as much money on their cars as 89+ guys, maybe since they're not as rare (Myself included, I own an 86.5, and for some reason just don't love it as much as my other two)...

A supra is a supra though. Being a teenager I don't quite have the money to afford 4 cars, let a lot 3 supra's so you gotta work with what you got.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
whitemike;1519664 said:
I like my blacked out version better..

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here's my version, I was going to turn the signals into euros, but I ended up going crazy..

blackchop.jpg

Toink;1520326 said:
A supra is a supra though. Being a teenager I don't quite have the money to afford 4 cars, let a lot 3 supra's so you gotta work with what you got.

I hear you there, I turned 24 a few months ago, and it's hard as hell trying to maintain 3 cars that are teens themselves...