S13 240sx 1JZ Build

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
This is my 1992 Nissan 240sx. I am soon going to be swapping a 1jz in.

The 1jz just got delivered today! Here it is. $1200 w/AT

Picked up a w58 With jz bellhousing for $400

And also found some 440cc Aristo Injectors with fuel rail for $100 when I go single.

Engine mounts and custom clutch line are still being shipped. Should be here this week.

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Yep =/ They didn't give me a engine oil dipstick either. But i got a tranny one!
Engine and transmission mounts got delivered today.

Last edited:

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Thought it was time to update this thread...
Removing the A/T

Torque converter that pissed all over my garage floor...

Then when installing the Flywheel, I pulled a noob move and over torqued a flywheel bolt with a snap on impact gun.. After a few hours(added up in between days) I got it out! Heres results

Anyways, Got flywheel on. With the help of a Heli Coil!

W58 Trans installed. (Thanks to WhiteRaven for selling it to me!)

Thanks to ebay seller Newlivemarket (Never buy from them) They send me one correct mount, and one wrong one. So I send the wrong mount back and they said they would replace it with another one that was supposed to be the same as the other mount that I had. This is what they send me... So when we drop the jz in we are just going to add another peice of metal on and re drill new holes

Alright, finnaly getting to pull out the KA

Some random shenannigans we found when taking off fenders.

Root beer and orange soda FTW

Chaining it up.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Removing Hicas(Rear wheel steering) Lines and Pump. This is Hicas..

No more Hicas pump!

Lowered the 1jz.
It's still connected to the cherry picker for now. But once we get the mounts fixed we can bolt it up.

Removed the A/C Today.

And put on new belt.

I also installed the new clutch line, and put on the slave cylinder with bolts that are too long...

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Got the bad mount cut off the plate that it was on and got a new plate cut out and drilled.

The tranny mount needed to be fixed too, Had them slot the holes.

Bought a subframe today too.

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Thought It was about time I update the build thread...
So heres how motor sits. It sat a little sideways because of mounts, But I cut out a rectangular peice of metal and drilled a hole in it to use it as a spacer for the mounts, so now the motor isnt as sideways.. Just a temporary fix until I have time and money to have real mounts made..

My Super JDM fix for some scratches in the door panel.. lol

Had a 1 peice driveshaft made, Heres how it came out. I'm actually really happy the way it came out!.

The ebay intercooler mount setup.. yaay. You get what you pay for. But this setup is actually pretty stirdy, so it doesn't bother me too much!.

Cutting ghetto holes for IC piping. dont laugh, it works!

Got the radiator hooked up.

Lower IC pipes are done! I just bought a Sr20 intercooler setup, just cut a few of the upper pipes and the passenger side worked about perfectly.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

And after a day of tightening everything down, bleeding clutch, and brakes. got the wheels on and dropped her on the ground for the first time in 3 months!

And up it goes! Onto the flatbed and headed to Portland Speed Industries to get wired up!

andd its done, kinda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh2wO7DJfd8
I drove it around for about a month or two but just the other day, something happened and the upper radiator hose rubbed on power steering pump and cut it.
so now its time to properly fix it.
I need to get rid of the traction control on the throttle body, and that is where I am stumped right now..

I don't know how I am going to go about cutting traction control off.. Because of all these vac lines(or whatever they are) are in the way.
Left Side

Bottom

Right side

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I highly recommend for you to fix the position of the engine. McKinney makes mount kits, you will be glad you picked them up. Otherwise, good build.