Running Problems. Help would be grrreat.

Acrux

Apr 4, 2005
ohio
:1zhelp:
Last year I put a new tranny and engine in (7MGE). Everything went together fine, ran for a good 4-5 months with no issues. Then all of a sudden she started to get hot. So just went ahead and replaced the water pump, tstats, clutch fan since they were all old.

Take it out, drive it around seems alright, then it starts bogin down, especially at idle; just feels like its going to die. Then proceeds to do so at higher speends and rpms. Feels like a miss. Take it home it dies turnning on to my street. Temp is also now back in Hot. Plugs and wires are also brand new.

Check the system for air bubbles, get a few out, fill the radiator to full. Also did a compression test all cycl pretty much even.

Now The car will start and run fine for about 15min (not moving) just sitting at idle. Then it'll start to bog and feel like its missing and is going to shut off. Now when you do shut the car off, and try to restart it wont. It'll crank like no other, spark is there, but just doesnt want to fire up.

Im sure I forgot to mention something but in the meantime... anyone have any ideas on what to look at or test?

Thanks!

Acrux

Apr 4, 2005
ohio
none, compression #s seem fine.. oil is oil, no other substance in it, not loseing or leaking any AF... Ive had a BHG before.. this just seems something more electronical being a bitch.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Have you tested the coolant? Have you checked your timing? Both ignition and physical. The only other thing I can think of is a clogged cat... I've never had one of those cause my car to overheat, but I think I've heard of it happening.