Running lean?

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
ehh go ahead and post it up someone might be able to help you out...some guy posted a stock mkii dyno sheet once...that was kinda funny.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
aye mate said:
ehh go ahead and post it up someone might be able to help you out...some guy posted a stock mkii dyno sheet once...that was kinda funny.

Yup, stock MKII dyno sheet... that's probably about what mine looks like. :icon_roll

p28510_1.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mk3forme said:
I have not heard of that mod Shaeff. What size do you drill it out too?

sorry for replying so late! :(

you'd want to drill it out to the diameter of the pipe. the j pipe is there to retain fuel pressure incase your fuel pressure regulator craps itself. with the walbro fuel pump, there is no need for the j pipe because the walbro pumps lots and lots of fuel!

-shaeff

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
OK... sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I check the voltage being fed to my fuel pump? Someone at the meets the other day was telling me I should check it at the resistor in the front, but I don't really see anything there to probe in to. I can't find anything in the TSRM about it, either.

I learned many years ago that it can be a bad idea to just start poking at a circuit with a voltmeter without knowing what you're doing...

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Well, I tried the 12v mod and it didn't like it... ran like crap for about 10 seconds and then died.

This weekend I'll try to test the fuel pump voltage, and double-check my TPS.

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Eriol said:
OK... sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I check the voltage being fed to my fuel pump? Someone at the meets the other day was telling me I should check it at the resistor in the front, but I don't really see anything there to probe in to. I can't find anything in the TSRM about it, either.

I learned many years ago that it can be a bad idea to just start poking at a circuit with a voltmeter without knowing what you're doing...

There is a "FP" (fuel pump) terminal in your diagnostic box by the battery under the hood. Stick the red voltmeter lead into it, and ground the black lead of the voltmeter to something (the battery ground is right there).

But by the time the power gets all the way back to the fuel pump, you can count on 1-2 volt drop from your readings depending how old and crusty your wires are.

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Shawndude said:
There is a "FP" (fuel pump) terminal in your diagnostic box by the battery under the hood. Stick the red voltmeter lead into it, and ground the black lead of the voltmeter to something (the battery ground is right there).

But by the time the power gets all the way back to the fuel pump, you can count on 1-2 volt drop from your readings depending how old and crusty your wires are.

Oh, sweet, that's easy. I already have a wire run to the block for checking VF. Thanks!

Eriol

Mar 31, 2005
Indianapolis
Hrm... Fp and ground give me 11.25v at idle and 13.5v under hard acceleration... is that right?

I unplugged the fuel pump, jumpered Fp and +B, and checked the voltage at the fuel pump connecter, and it was getting 12.25 volts. :dunno:

I am not running the 12v mod.