Ruger MKIII

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Anyone have one of these? Thoughts?

I'm strongly considering getting one just for the kicks. I love .22s and have several, no semi auto pistols though.

What's the noise like? I can shoot my Marlin (similar to a 10/22) without any ear protection at all, it's REALLY quiet, I imagine the pistols louder. True?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Pistols are almost always louder than rifles. I find .22 pistols will cause my ears to ring after a few rounds. We have a Ruger 10/22 and you can shoot that without ear protection all day.

I've used .22 subsonics in pistol and they are really quiet while still being hot enough to cycle a Ruger MK2... But I'd still use earplugs with it.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Supracentral;1817211 said:
Pistols are almost always louder than rifles. I find .22 pistols will cause my ears to ring after a few rounds. We have a Ruger 10/22 and you can shoot that without ear protection all day.

I've used .22 subsonics in pistol and they are really quiet while still being hot enough to cycle a Ruger MK2... But I'd still use earplugs with it.

Yeah figured as much. I wanna replace my marlin with a 10/22 eventually. May just supplement it instead :)

I love the subsonics in my Single Six. Lot's of fun!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I have a Ruger MKI with the bull barrel. I love the pistol, but its freakishly loud for a .22 in my opinion. Simple foam ear plugs are good enough for hearing protection though.