Rubber stopper behind turbo

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Don't buy one from a parts store. They're made for vacuum, not coolant pressure. Either buy one from a dealer, or make your own (short piece of heater hose and a bolt that fits tightly inside + clamps)

89Slowpra

Mar 31, 2011
Pocono Lake, PA
I was looking at the ones in national auto and they didnt look like they would take much heat before melting. Luckly someone at the toyota dealership used to have a couple supras. Gave a couple for free. Im thinking about threading and capping it... any reason why it wasnt something like that in the first place?

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
89Slowpra;1717685 said:
I was looking at the ones in national auto and they didnt look like they would take much heat before melting. Luckly someone at the toyota dealership used to have a couple supras. Gave a couple for free. Im thinking about threading and capping it... any reason why it wasnt something like that in the first place?

just a guess, maybe for draing the system for winter storage? but as jet says i think the heater pipes are the same rhd to lhd, could also be used for running coolant to something else (rad cooled oil cooler?)

i was thinking of tapping/soldering a fitting in and running a temp gauge off of the port

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
bioskyline;1717704 said:
just a guess, maybe for draing the system for winter storage? but as jet says i think the heater pipes are the same rhd to lhd, could also be used for running coolant to something else (rad cooled oil cooler?)

i was thinking of tapping/soldering a fitting in and running a temp gauge off of the port

There is a plug on the block for draining.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's there because the heater hoses are opposite on RHD cars. 89+ cars don't have that cap as there is a different pipe for LHD or RHD cars on those years.