RPS 3200 PP w/Stock Toyota Disk???

reckless916

Nov 16, 2006
Sacramento
I have searched for this combo utilizing the search button here, but can seem to come up with a result as too if this is a good setup or not for about 400whp and 400rwtq. I want the engagement to be as close stock as possible without the chattering. This is my daily driver (and the wife drives it too; she's not too good at engaging the clutch with a puck disk, that is what's in it now) so I would like for it to drive as close to stock as possible. Please let me know if this will be a good combo or do I need to upgrade to a puck style to achieve the holding power that I want. I have read up on different combos but didn't seem to come across this one in particular. Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I have the act 3200 pp and a 6 puck...i gues that would be kinda of an overkill for what you are doing but I can tell you for fact (based on the websites numbers) that this setup will hold wha you are trying to accomplish. you could probably get away with the stock disk....you may be pushing it though

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
black87turbo;1036024 said:
you could probably get away with the stock disk....you may be pushing it though
What?

The disk makes little difference on power handling, that's all determined by the pressure plate's clamping force.

Clutches hold abuse, pressure plates hold power.

If you want stock engagement, run something full-faced, like a stock disk. Just be aware that although engagement will be stock, pedal feel with the RPS 3200 will be MUCH stiffer.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
annoyingrob;1036465 said:
What?

The disk makes little difference on power handling, that's all determined by the pressure plate's clamping force.

Clutches hold abuse, pressure plates hold power.

If you want stock engagement, run something full-faced, like a stock disk. Just be aware that although engagement will be stock, pedal feel with the RPS 3200 will be MUCH stiffer.

Yes and no. Its a factor of clamping force and contact area along with coefficient of friction factors between the two material. Why do you think they make x-puck disks? Smaller surface area for more concentrated holding power

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
that combo is in a car that had made 480rwhp. it works just make sure to bypass the clutch switch for starting the car...... or plan on replacing thrust bearings.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
I ran the 3200 lb with stock oem disc on my car tuned @ 550 whp. Perfect torque levels up to 575ftlbs give or take a bit. Heavy pedal feel though. Maybe a bit much for the lady as she may grow the fiddler crab style left leg. I don't think you need such an extreme pressure plate for your 400hp-400tq goals but hey, we all know one eventually wants more power. I'd slap it in and make the little woman get used to it..lol.. Best pressure plate for a single disc app and for the money I believe..I also have had no thrust bearing or washer issues with either of the 3 engines I have used them on.

:)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not a fan of the RPS crazy PP...

Do a search on supraforums (ha, inside joke) and see why as I don't want to start an arguement...

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
i wouldn't run any thing over 2900lbs

i could care less what disk,

also do not try to use a Stock disk with a Fidanza flywheel, they dont mate.

and if you do decided to buy the rps max, purchase New OEM master and slave, and make sure you bench bleed them. cleaning the carpet isn't FUN/.:3d_frown:

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
pimptrizkit;1038525 said:
i
and if you do decided to buy the rps max, purchase New OEM master and slave, and make sure you bench bleed them. cleaning the carpet isn't FUN/.:3d_frown:

LMAO :biglaugh:, woops!

Always get new master slave with high pressure PP. ;)

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
MK3Brent;1038625 said:
Man, I love my RPS pressure plates!

For only 400tq, I'd pick up a cheap ACT setup.

Agreed. I feel confident with it.

Plus its an added bonus that its a Anti Theft device too :naughty:. Almost no one i know can step a foot into my car and just drive off, they almost always stall out or at least bog like crazy every shift lol. (given i have a 6 puck with it which makes it a bit tougher)

supra_ed

May 30, 2006
ohio
pimptrizkit;1038525 said:
i wouldn't run any thing over 2900lbs

i could care less what disk,

also do not try to use a Stock disk with a Fidanza flywheel, they dont mate.

no joke! im still tryin to get the driver side floor board clean.

i love my rps 3200. not nearly as stiff as i thought. very "touchy" though. i also have a 6 puck sprung disk. very streetable combo in my opinion.

wat were u guys sayin about bypassing a clutch switch? never heard of that before.