round headlight conversion

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
oldsking;1356566 said:
What about using a pair of projectors? Or do they need to be in a glass housing? I'm thinking this route or just retro fitting them

The hella's posted ARE projectors for the low beams.

No they're not fog lights.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Kota;1357007 said:
depending on the pricing i would be interested

LOL. That's the classic supra owner first response. Pricing will be determined once a finished product has been made, most likely out of carbon fiber. (Currently my setup is made up of steel bracketry).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
That is if I don't beat you to it first ;)

Though I think the acura projector swap is a far cheaper solution in the end especially for HID's...

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
rodel;1356944 said:
With enough buyers, I could have a bezels/mounting brackets mass produced for this setup.

p1357369_1.jpg

p1357369_2.jpg

I will buy a set.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I use the same lights if they are the hella 90mm housings.
They are DOT approved and not gay pia foglights stuck together.

The easiest way to fit them is use 2 low beam lights per housing the high beam housing is longer & bigger.

The low beams look better also there is a pattern shield plate in the housing thats easy to trim and modify so if you want high beams trim the block off shield plate for the low beams and the light pattern will go higher & further down the road.

HID kits are easily retrofit into these housings the projector bulb housings keep the beam consistant and where you want it even with HID kits.

As far as modifing the housing it is easier to remove the complete plastic housing then make new pivot brackets for the swing arm and hing.

As far as the arm on the motor you have to cut it half then weld the two pieces back together but shorten the arm by about 50-60% this will make it so the light comes up halfway well the way to do it right.

If you have the CF lightcovers it is really hard to build these custom lights because you cant weld or attach modified plates to it easy.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Let's see pics of each of your setup.

Poodles;1357311 said:
That is if I don't beat you to it first ;)

Though I think the acura projector swap is a far cheaper solution in the end especially for HID's...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1357683 said:
I use the same lights if they are the hella 90mm housings.

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
That is if I don't beat you to it first

See the problem with this is tsx/s2k projectors, they are not sealed. You will need to make a housing that will seal it from the weather. The hella's are fully sealed lights and can also be converted to take d2s bulbs. The outcome of the conversion is totally worth it too.

If you are trying to do a dual projector it will not work. since the projectors are too long it will hit the bracket on inside of headlight and it will not be able to close.

Rodel,
Did you already make bezels for headlights? If you do can you take pics ?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
nerfkhat;1357891 said:
See the problem with this is tsx/s2k projectors, they are not sealed. You will need to make a housing that will seal it from the weather. The hella's are fully sealed lights and can also be converted to take d2s bulbs. The outcome of the conversion is totally worth it too.

If you are trying to do a dual projector it will not work. since the projectors are too long it will hit the bracket on inside of headlight and it will not be able to close.

Rodel,
Did you already make bezels for headlights? If you do can you take pics ?

Good points, Nerf. The Hella 90mm are the most simple lights to use for a quad projector conversion.

My bezels are not complete. Check this out, people.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100616