rough reving

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
i have the 1jz gte
from idle to 3000 slow but runs fine (normal)
from 3000 to 4000 it goes da da da da da da
untill i hit 4000rpm then the turbo boost up and running fine
first i had it set at 36psi running fine then some told me no
put it at 43psi thats what the 1jz runs
at 43psi it ran like crap so now
i have the fuel pressure set at 36psi now run better but not where it should be
took the plugs out and check them for build up nope fine
to give a better idea of the rough reving
if you power wash your 7m motor and the water get into the spark plug boots and the engine goes da da da da da all the time
thats what this is like between 3000 - 4000 rpm only for me

thanks
Shane

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
yes everything looks normal (coils )
the plugs were really black but no build up
i thinking about changeing them anyway there fearly new
when i was running the 36psi the first time everything was good then i change the setting to 43psi ran like crap so i change it back to 36psi
reving at a stand still everything runs good
when i take it on the road and hit the gas that happens da da da da after 3000 rpm
also idle control valve was stook open so i cleaned it and nothing so i pluged it up until i can change it
could this be the problem

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Fuel pressure should be 36psi at idle. Toyota's weird and runs the 1JZ lower than everyone else in the world (43psi)

What's the condition of the coil pack connectors? Are they cracked? Are you missing any of the locking clips? It sounds hard to believe, but it makes a big difference. A whole new set of 2JZ connectors are like $50 from the dealership. It's a worthwhile investment if your old ones aren't PERFECT.

You shouldn't have had to adjust the throttle screw to idle. Make sure your TPS is properly adjusted.

sctwinturbo

May 14, 2007
new jersey
i will take the plugs out and clean them, then inspec the coil packs, and take out the idle air valve again and soak it in fluid see if will work again