Roof Control Question

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
Hi Everyone,

This is a question for my Supra specifically and for Toyota's with sunroofs in general.

Is the Roof Control unit (the relay switch) part # 85921-14010 or 166000-2151 the same in all Toyota's? Reason I ask is that my sunroof will open normally but it will not close. When I press the close button I get a clicking noise. I have isolated a clicking noise to Roof Control unit. The roof will make a brief attempt to close for a fraction of a second if I shake the unit while pressing the button to close it.

If they are the same I would like to just go to a wrecking yard and pull a unit out of another Toyota.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike Nikolai

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I really doubt they are the same, the Supra is the only Toyota I know of with that specific size/place for the sunroof control, most of them are like my Corolla GT-S control, and it's not the same. :(

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
what would you recommend to lube the sunroof tracks? mine makes a definately unsexy screech when closing and would like to get rid of that.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
if it opens then with no problem then its not a lube problem, it could be the switch trying to send a signal to the motor itself.

GOT BOOST

Mar 30, 2005
Canada
www.supraclub.ca
garrettrowe said:
Have you lubed your roof tracks? My 92 got so that it wouldn't close without me helping it along - you could be overloading the motor / relay on the unlubed track.

Hi Garrettrowe,

I lubed the tracks last year thinking it was the culprit. That did not help. The sunroof will open perfectly, but it will not close. If I try to close it with a screwdriver in the manual close hole, it will close slowly with the power button pushed to close it, but it feels like it is not getting enough power to it. I am thinking that if the roof control unit (the relay switch) is the same for all Toyota's that have sunroofs then I may be in luck and I can just grab one out of another Toyota from a wrecker and pop it into place.

I am thinking it is the relay switch near the motor as it clicks when ever I push the button, but when I was tapping it while holding the button to close it, the roof would get a milisecond of power to close it.

Mike Nikolai