Roll Overs

Have you ever been involved in a roll over?

• Total voters

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Have you been in a roll over?

I was passenger in a susuki samari. Barrell rolled twice then two back flips and about 60mph on a logging road. Wasnt wearing a seatbelt either. Lesson learned. I dont think you get that luckey twice

jdmstar69

Jul 23, 2008
SO CAL
i was the passenger. my buddy tried to keep up with a s2k at gmr with his supra(blown shocks) and understeered into a 10 foot deep ditch goin around 45-50. car ran fine later when we flipped it back over

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I rolled my quad once, does that count?

When I was 17 my buddy was racing with a tiburon late one night. the kid lost it around a soft left corner at around 80-90mph slid sideways not 5 feet in front of us until the nose of his car went off the left side of the road, the front right tire dug into the dirt and the car flipped 3-4 times and landed upside down in a tree. I thought the kid was dead, called 911 and we left. Took them a few hours to get him out of the tree and cut the car open, but he walked away with only a couple scrapes and bruises. It was that night that I learned how dangerous street racing really was, especially with inexperienced drivers.

tsupranami

Drain Bamaged
Mar 11, 2006
Eastern WA
VW Wabbits woll over weally easy! Trees will stop them though! I tried it once a long time ago. I wear seatbelts now. And drive Supras. Lessons learned.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Jayhall;1499955 said:
Have you been in a roll over?

I was passenger in a susuki samari. Barrell rolled twice then two back flips and about 60mph on a logging road. Wasnt wearing a seatbelt either. Lesson learned. I dont think you get that luckey twice

definitely not. bet you wear a seat belt now, hey?

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
twice, i rolled my 72 blazer in high school, hit a deer at 80 mph with the front tires, the front end came up in the air, landed in the ditch..... it was about 5 rolls later when it came to a stop. glad i had installed a cage and harnesses in that one, even if i was only wearing the lap belt portion of the harness. guess bumper height laws are there for a reason!

then a few years ago i rolled my cj5. stupid incident all together. the thing put 550hp to the tires and was a torque monster. i was coming down a very muddy trail after winching my buddy out, my feet were very muddy and i did not have pedal covers on my pedals so they were bare metal and very slippery. i came around a tight corner at about 15 mph and found a hiker and his dog in the middle of the trail. mashed the brakes and slipped off the brake pedal, right onto the gas. since i was in 2wd at the time the rear tires spun and sent me sideways up the mtn side. the jeep rolled over backwards twice and landed on its roof, my bottle jack(which btw should have been secured) bounced off my noggin putting me out!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
adampecush;1500860 said:
definitely not. bet you wear a seat belt now, hey?

Ya, that was the lesson I learned. Its funny, I always do wear it, and always did. Just that one time I was camping, I didnt think about it. I got luckey, there was a cliff to the right, we went left and hit a little ditch.

Zelfear

Helping everyone else
Jan 21, 2009
SC
Twice for me. Once was in my 91 CRX deer run out in front of me, I swerved in to a big ditch and roll over on to my roof.

The second I was in a VW Railbuggy (VW floor pan and drivetrain tube frame) was tearing up a little trail beside my house was doing about fourty adn went to hit the brakes and there weren't any. down shifted and swerved in the freshly plowed feild to avoid a parked tractor at the end of the trail. The front tire dug into the ground rolled over on its side twice and landed on the wheels.

Neither time was I wearing a seatbelt (VW didnt have a driver one) the VW was just some cuts but the CRX I bit a hole in my lip and had to have two stiches.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I've never been in one personally. I do know 2 people that have been involved in fire truck roll overs, both ended up ok. Its still not a good situation.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
My dad owned a very nice lifted 85 toyota pickup, let my brother drive it on his 16th birthday, and i was in the camper in the back. My brother made a quick left turn and over corrected twice and we rolled over. Lucky for me I was only a small child and didn't even have a scratch on me when my brother pulled me out. I wasn't wearing a seat belt because there where none in the back of the truck.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
similar story, dad had an old truck with a camper, we were on our way to see my grandpa in the hospital, it was pouring like you wouldn't imagine..

I decided to go to the front, so I went through the little rear window, sat next to my mom and put my seatbelt on. No more than 2 seconds later, I hear my mom yell "NOT SO FAST, NOT SO FAST!" then everything started spinning. Hydroplaned and hit the center divider. We rolled atleast 4 times..

Ambulances were there almost instantaneously. News crew even interviewed my dad, so I'm not sure if I knocked out or what...

but me, my dad, brother and cousin were fine (even though my cousin and brother flew out the camper and landed on the otherside of the freeway). My aunt was thrown out and required a neck brace. My mom hurt her head, but otherwise we were okay..

Funny thing, is they still rushed us on the ambulance to the hospital we were going to see my grandpa in, and he ended up visiting us...

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
A friend and I rolled his dad's pathfinder on a muddy road once back in highschool, I suppose that counts. Buggered up the wheel and bent the fender... damn that was a tough old truck.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Cry4me_sky (Mckay) and Ruiner (Tim) were in one recently while in Mckay's Ford Explorer. Both made it out alive luckily.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1435856&postcount=40

I have been fortunate enough to have never been in a accident. I consider myself to be a very defensive driver. The worst I've done is break a mirror off of a patrol car getting too close to some cones during a training excersise.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Almost rolled a fox body into a field last winter. I had my arm out the window bracing myself (friend was driving, screwing around) and I would have gotten pwnt pretty hard. Luckily, we didn't completely roll... Got to about 80* and fell back down.

Sidenote, fuck unsecured bottle jacks. lol

KORYTOYORTA

Certified
Apr 10, 2008
OXNARD CA
Never in a car but i rolled a quad and it was a grizzly 660 so its about the same size as a crx ;) i just kinda stepped off as it rolled over it had way to much power for me at the time i was like 15. best part there was no damage and that was the second time it had been rolled.