rocker arm

nosuprayoua

Jan 4, 2010
hawaii
so about a week ago my engine decided to go kaput. i had my dads friend and my uncle(both certified mechs) had a listen and suspected a broken rocker arm. the problem is, i cant find anything about a rocker arm for the 7mge. upon searching rocker arm all i get is rocker panel. anyone have some insight on this?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
It's because your "certified mechanics" don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

The 7MGE is a double overhead cam motor and has no rocker arms, pushrods, etc...

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
nosuprayoua;1729403 said:
so about a week ago my engine decided to go kaput. i had my dads friend and my uncle(both certified mechs) had a listen and suspected a broken rocker arm. the problem is, i cant find anything about a rocker arm for the 7mge. upon searching rocker arm all i get is rocker panel. anyone have some insight on this?
Try to get a video of the sound, a few here could probably tell from the noise.

nosuprayoua

Jan 4, 2010
hawaii
i kept trying to tell them that there were no rocker arms on the 7m. to prove the point i took the valve covers off this weekend to disprove their speculations. ill get it all back together and try and get a video of the sound for you guys.

nosuprayoua

Jan 4, 2010
hawaii
for all you guys chiming in your 2 cents, i thank you a bunch. im putting the sup's plates in storage so i can take my time and build her up right and take my time with it instead of trying to rush through to get her running so i can get to work and what not. thanks guys, i guess ill hopefully get onto making a build thread. if the mods wanna delete this thread im fine with it.