RK bushings feedback.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Hi, I know a lot of people on here got the red subframe ronniek poly subframe bushings, whether from his GB or not. I want to complile all of the feedback into this thread.

If everyone who posts could mention:
- What they use the car for, drag, autoX, daily street driver, weekend cruiser, whatever is is.
- Which bushings you've gotten (color/hardness, front and/or rear)
- Try to quantify the stiffness compared to your stock bushings.
- Suspension setup, mainly shocks/springs or coilvers.

I'm also wondering what the softest material you can go to before durability is lost. I understand that poly will last a very long time, but I know that the red ones he makes will last until the end of time. I'm wondering if I were to go softer at one point would I lose this.

I ask because I don't want to change them again I want them to last. When I get my steering rack bushings I'm going to get the red ones so they keep the tight feeling forever.

Post your pics, impressions, steering bushing feedback is welcome.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
- What they use the car for, drag, autoX, daily street driver, weekend cruiser, whatever is is.
Long distance fast point to point car that clocks up 1000+ Km's at a time.

- Which bushings you've gotten (color/hardness, front and/or rear)
Red Full kit F&R and have just added Red Subframe bushes F&R

- Try to quantify the stiffness compared to your stock bushings.
No comparison, the Poly kit if installed with Moly grease is silent and just does it's job.

- Suspension setup, mainly shocks/springs or coilvers.
Eibach Springs Custom Koni Coilovers

Bushes have done 100,000+ Km's with 0 sign of wear, I had one of the upper rear ones out the other night to inspect and it's perfect.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Thanks for the feedback, and the format is great too, couldn't ask for a better response. I wouldn't think they would affect ride quality much but a lot of people claim they do. The rubber ones hardly absorb much shock between the transfer from the road to your butt.

Keep it coming.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
IJ.;1321053 said:
-
No comparison, the Poly kit if installed with Moly grease is silent and just does it's job.

Thanks for that, I was wondering if I should grease them or not. As mine are still in the box they came in.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Back in the old days they were installed dry and were squeaky bastards of things......

You lose a little bit of stiction by greasing them but I always try and buy the hardest I can to counteract that.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
There were a LOT of people that bought these, I assumed most of them didn't install them yet :iconrazz but I was hoping there were more people that would have given feedback by now, weekend just ended though so I know most of us were busy.

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
I'm the first person to install a set of the subframe bushings. If you are worried about the ride, don't be. The car rides stiffer than stock, and that is not unpleasant.

My car drives down the street, has stock springs and tokico tems struts.

Its lots of fun putting in a set too.....I had a small build thread about it.

cwd

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
Yeah,it would be good to get feedback on subframe bushings too.
I am sure there is someone out there who has installed the subframe bushings and taked car for a drive.
Ronnie
spinningheadboy;1322587 said:
I'm the first person to install a set of the subframe bushings. If you are worried about the ride, don't be. The car rides stiffer than stock, and that is not unpleasant.

My car drives down the street, has stock springs and tokico tems struts.

Its lots of fun putting in a set too.....I had a small build thread about it.

cwd

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I just got my set in the mail today. I'm hoping to hear feedback that the increase in noise, vibration and harshness is acceptable from the red subframe bushings. I like to try to find that balance between comfort and highest performance.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Does anyone know what the Shore/hardness is on the bushings that they've used? Trying to find out what hardness has been used by the various manufacturers.

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
I use 85 shore hardness on my bushings.
Ronnie
supraguy@aol;1340105 said:
Does anyone know what the Shore/hardness is on the bushings that they've used? Trying to find out what hardness has been used by the various manufacturers.