RIP Little Blue Ion Redline

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Went to the doctor this morning - I sprained my shoulder. Nothing serious, just some soft tissue bruising. Ibuprofen and a sling for the next few days, and I should be fine.

Talked to the insurance lady a little bit more today, gave her the details of what happened. Supposed to call her back tomorrow, since we had John's grandmother's funeral today.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
So here are a few more pics. The first one is the bruising the day after the accident. Just on the chest, because until about Sunday, I didn't know I had bruising on my lower belly. The second one is from tonight, in a cute little summer dress I bought today, but it shows the bruise on my boobah as well.

And yes, I am uncomfortable having my picture taken.

p1393096_1.jpg

p1393096_2.jpg

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yep. The insurance is just wanting to pay the car off, and that's it. Dammit, I want my parts back out of it at least (Gm Stage II kit - injectors / tune / 2.9" pulley) and my header / exhaust. Gotta call them up again tomorrow. They are in a HUGE rush for me to release the car to them.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Keros;1392045 said:
I'm glad you guys are alright!

My official policy for deer is to dive the brakes, then switch back to gas before impact if possible... lifts the nose so the framerails are higher. Never swerve... because what you find in the ditch probably won't be as soft as a plushy, tasty deer. Car companies do the most design work for frontal collisions, the most common accident, so putting a deer between the headlights is always better than risking a rollover or worse in the ditch.

Elk is situational... sometimes hitting it is best, sometimes the ditch is better, depending on what you're driving. Always swerve for moose. Trees are 3 times better to hit than moose!

No such thing as moose and elk where they live lol! Just small ass deer that aren't worth the cost of a bullet.

I too lived in Alberta (red deer, drayton valley) and was born in st John NB.....moose>car!!!!!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
thats still painful to see, glad you guys walked away from it.

so, no way the insurence is going to help out any huh?? just pay it out and call it good?

rocketguy13

Sep 5, 2006
dallas texas
i am a saturn mechanic so i have seen alot of crashed ions, i would say you are pretty lucky. i have seen some not as bad as yours with the drivers in the hospital. the worst one i have see was kinda funny. it was rearended in the rear, wasnt too bad. little did they know the battery (located in the trunk) had shifted and broke the hold down so when they got home they said it was acting funny the lights were going all crazy car was trying to die. the battery fell over and was arcing on the body and caught the car on fire and burned their garage down. glad you guys are ok

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
yeah, first thing I did was disconnect the battery in the trunk after the wreck. It was bolted down still, but I don't like to take chances with things like electricity and fuel ;)

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
wow glad to see you're okay. I know personally what it feels like. I swerved and missed a deer coming home for a thanksgiving weekend, luckily the damage caused was not severe enough to hinder the drive home (no suspension damage, was relieved about that). Next time i see one, I'm flooring it and smashing it, regardless. I hate those things!!

hope everything works out!

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
lol, ive gotten about four deer so far this year. one more and im at my bag limit

the boss isnt so happy about replacing 4 pete bumpers just on my truck this year.

im glad you guys are ok, bruises heal, but get shoulder looked at

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Doward;1393689 said:
Very true. I was actually under the impression they'd just replace the car if they couldn't fix it - evidently I was wrong :(

Actually, unless you specify that in your insurance, most companies wont do that.A lot of companies offer it, but unless you have it specifically stated in your clause agreement, they dont honor it.. It also has to be under 3 years old for most companies,too..Fine little details the insurance company uses to screw you.. Who is your insurance company?

You guys are both relatively okay, except for the bruises and shoulder (go get it looked at).. I, myself, would have probably pissed myself if I did that... and I survived a bad wreck.. I am just happy to see you guys alive and okay