Ringing noise?

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
Hi. I was wondering if anyone else has had a kind of ringing noise coming from the front of their 7M. My roommates car has this metal, very light sounding "ring" coming from the front of his engine. I would not describe it as a rattle or a knock, kind of like a pinging or tinging on a thin piece of metal. Sounds king of like a bell ringing but we cannot seem to find it. Sounds like its coming from the timing case, not really underneath, on top of, or on the side of the engine, only at the very front. It does it mostly at idle, maybe something shaking from that particular frequency? I do not hear is when accelerating or when driving at a constant speed, or decel for that matter. Only when sitting at idle, and starts shortly after starting the car. Maybe I can get him to make a video of it this weekend if that will help. Thanks in advance.

7M-KDL

Seeking high numbers
No, not yet, I thought about that earlier this afternoon but the car is in Raleigh and we are in Greenville so will not know until the weekend. Just figured I'd post to see if someone else had had this exact problem and could give a quick definitive answer. IJ, forgive me if this is a dumb question but what will pulling the dipstick do..eliminate crankcase pressure if there is any? Thanks guys.