right rear tire clicking?

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hey guys, just got my kumho spt's mounted (stock 225/50r16s) and the right rear tire seems to be making a repetitive faint clicking sound. I only hear it when im at or above 15-20 mph, and it clicks maybe 3-4 times a second at 30 mph. above 45-50 mph and it drowns out, but i can still hear it when passing another car or a building. just got the car inspected and the alignment and everything is straight.

anyone have an idea of whats making the sound?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I've got a similar noise. Only happens when I really gun it... rear right wheel. Sounds like the arcing of a stun gun. Bad bearing, perhaps?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
pull the rotor, make sure all the parking brake shoe's hardware is in place. A loose spring or pin will ping around inside the drum.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
CRE said:
I've got a similar noise. Only happens when I really gun it... rear right wheel. Sounds like the arcing of a stun gun. Bad bearing, perhaps?
Mine was a trashed Spherical joint in the rear upright allowing the rear to flop around under power.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
theyre stock sawblades, i was wondering if it was a gravel in the tread. no nails or anything.

s90t, ive got a jingling sound in my left rear that i gotta take apart. sounds like a project this weekend!

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I'll check the lugs and ball joint. In my case I'm pretty sure it's not the parking brake, I replaced the entire brake with new parts and last I checked (a couple months ago) everything was tip top... BTW Clip a jingling from the wheel may be the parking brake... mine both sounded like I was rolling a jar full of change along the floor.