rewired foglight problem

gamer565

Mar 8, 2008
KS
I tried doing these foglight rewire mod on my 87, and I followed these guide in the link below.

http://gallery.sanitylapse.com/v/supra/Foglight+Rewire/DSC_9406.jpg.html

The only problem is, they dont turn my foglights on, instead it makes my highbeams come on?

I think what the issue maybe, is that on my car. There was no red/black wire like in step 17, there was red, red/yellow, red/green and white/black. I used the the white/black cause it was in the only one that I though would make since.

If anyone has any ideals whats going on, or would like to point out were I went wrong that would be very helpful.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
those instructions are only for 89-92's (I have done it to an 89, a 90 and a 92 and it's all the same)...

you have to cut the yellow and green wire (I believe) on the fog relay on pre 89's and ground it..

I'm going to rewire an 87 this weekend, so I'll let you know if it works..

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
AAAAHHHHH For the LOVE of GOD don't use wire nuts.

The write up is good, but the process is BAD.

Use butt connectors and DON'T twist the wire.

DON'T insert a wire into the blade of the fuse to gain power access. It will only stress the terminal under that fuse and give you trouble. Same with these, bad idea:
images

To do it right, go to AutoZone or wherever, and buy these "Add-a-Circuit"
images
images

It bothers me when people do things the wrong way, but it's worse when they show other people HOW to do it the wrong way.

Using the add-a-circuit (provided the circuit you are tapping off of has the capacity) you can, in theory, create another circuit block with an additional 2 or 3 circuits that can be used at a later date. This is only a suggestion and I would strongly advise against doing it without fully researching it beforehand.

ninja edit master

gamer565

Mar 8, 2008
KS
Ya, I didnt go with the twist nuts. I used the butt connectors(always do).

RazoE- Alright let know.

A friend has already nearly burnt my car to the ground, so I really dont want to screw something up and end up with no supra.