Revs stay up in 2,000-3,000 and don't go down??

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
I start the engine, revs go up to maybe 2,000, and STAY THERE!! What could be wrong?

They usually go that up, but then go down and stay down... but now this is happening. What could be the problem with this? And if I step on the gas, and they go up a bit more, they stay there, at the new level... :(

Ds650rida

Mar 19, 2007
Jersey
www.myspace.com
my car idled high when i was running the exhaust straight out of the turbo's, when i put my exhaust on, it was fine, might be because i double checked the vacuum lines at the same time, but i've heard of similar conditions from that.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Ds650rida;907010 said:
my car idled high when i was running the exhaust straight out of the turbo's, when i put my exhaust on, it was fine, might be because i double checked the vacuum lines at the same time, but i've heard of similar conditions from that.

DegreE

Banned
Jan 11, 2008
Memphis & Miami
Pull your air idle control valve out of your intake manifold.

Buy 1 can of Brake Cleaner and spray inside the pipe (all of it @ both ends).

Blow out the remaining Brake Cleaner with comressed air.

Reinstall.

I had the same problem with my Supra when I got it. It idles flawless now. Good Luck.

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
You guys wont believe this.

A cable that went from the battery pole to the ignition module, somehow made ground and burnt the module. It also melted a bit (just a bit) of the battery. The battery is an Optima that the care came with, over 2 years ago when I bought it with the 7M motor... with, these batteries are awesome, still working like new.

Just changed that cable, and a new ignition module.. drove the car for a couple of hours, everything is fine. :aigo: