return fuel line

Status
Not open for further replies.

theDon

The Don
Mar 31, 2005
Med-City, USA (Rochester, MN)
has anyone bypassed this part all together? I see no purpose in it other than requiring banjo bolts/washers. It all ends up going from the FPD (which I have stainless line) to the stock fuel hardline back to tank. Wanted to know if anyone has bypassed this all together?

first pic shows where the hardline connects to the stock hose
second pic shows the "joint" part in question

I'd like to replace both pieces with stainless, maybe directly from FPD. thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG00007.JPG
    IMG00007.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG00008.JPG
    IMG00008.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 35

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Mine goes straight from the hard lines/pipes at the point where the stock fuel is returned and the fitting for the stock setup removed on mine. (Could not find the adapter to AN6, or I would have kept it.)

AN6 line seems to fit right over the stock fuel supply line however, and I"m not 100% sure what size the return line is, but mine is just gas hose clamped to the underside of the AFPR and clamped to the return line.

Feed is clamped straight to the fuel supply line, cut off and "crimped" with a set of needle nose pliers. (Just to give it some flair so the clamp and hose will not come off.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I replaced mine all together. Remember, fuel flows IN at the FPD, and out into the FPR.

On the lower junction block (big nut looking thing with a hardline attached comming from the tank) I installed a -6 x metric fitting. Then from there I ran a -6 line to another -6 x metric nipple where the FPD was.

On the return line (going to the AFPR) I ran a metric x -6 nipple with line to the AFPR. From the AFPR I ran the -6 (or -5 if its stretchy enough) to the hard line going to the return in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.