retro-spec raised cowl hood 1st pics of development.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
Thanks guys, this plug will fully finished and even painted before i make a mold, the plan is to soften the slope finish the body work and mount it on the car, will know pricing when we make one, CF will be available.
Paulo.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
The front of the hood most deffinitely needs to taper off sooner. Paulo says it's an illusion. I would tapper it off at or about nine inches from the front of the hood. another words zero would start at or about nine inches from the front of the hood and tapper it to two inches from there just like you have it, then I'm definitetly definitelty ,....IN!!!

Last edited:

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
I like it, don't taper it too much. I think if you do, it will look more like a muscle car drag hood off of a foxbody. I can tell you stuck with the stock lines which i like. I believe you when you say its just an illusion because the stock lines on the hood at certain angles make the more forward portion look higher than it is. Count me in if the price isn't too extravageant.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
supersupramk3;1516232 said:
Mock it up....thats the best way. Its kinda hard to visualize without the fenders and front bumper. Lookin good so far though.

Yea, I need to see it on a car to get an opinion. I'm sure it will look awesome when done though.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
supramk3speed;1516415 said:
I like it, don't taper it too much. I think if you do, it will look more like a muscle car drag hood off of a foxbody. I can tell you stuck with the stock lines which i like. I believe you when you say its just an illusion because the stock lines on the hood at certain angles make the more forward portion look higher than it is.

This post = winz.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Here' s my honest opinion: Regardless where you start tappering, If you make your hood like "Tekdeus" Project Cherry Wide body" I'ml for sure in for one and I'm willing to bet there will be many more that would be willing to buy.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
I do agree with making the edges more rounded on the cowl.

Also do you have pics of the bottom of the hood?

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I had mine done a couple of years ago and prefer a little smoother cowel like this:

-it's another great option to have though either way!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

(front is high since there's no motor in it right now)

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hmm, I still want to see the Retro-spec one on a supra, painted or not. I think I would prefer his style simply because the smoother slope doesn't pop quite as much. But then you have the two differences: A) You want it more noticeable -OR- B) You want it subtle.

I would love either way, but I think I would like the less-subtle one better.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
that looks awesome kevin! that is exactly what i was talking about!

i don't care either way, if the price is affordable, fitment is good then that's all i need to know!

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
csnow;1517519 said:
Lower cowl like Kevin's is the way to go. The other one is too high and looks like it should be on an 1981 Z-28.

Yeah like Kevins alot!! Paulo If you see this, my vote would be for kevin's or Tekdeus's hood Also, csnow is right if it's too high then it would look like a z/28 hood. I agree with csnow, 100%.

C7carbon

Banned - Unresolved Disputes
Jul 25, 2009
california
i might need too add a poll to this, even that the transition on my hood stand out i bit at the moment.
i always though the Tekdeus was lacking a bit in the front. i will finish the plug the way i envision it
and we can vote on it.
Thanks for the input guys, Paulo.