retorque

supraman508

Sep 19, 2007
maryland
Yesterday i loosened the head bolts and what i did'nt do the last time when i retorqued the head bolts was doing it in sequence.This way they are even.This saturday i did another stupid thing,i put BARRS into the readiator.and it said that i could mix it with the antifreeze.I WILL NEVER USE THAT STUFF AGAIN.I flushed the system out and retorqued the heads properly.I took out the thermistat since i did'nt want it to get cloged up with that stuff i put in and i drove her and she was steaming from the radiator and over heating.that was with the thermistat in.i took it out and she steams alittle.but does'nt over heat when i drive her just alittle steam.i don't know why she is steaming alittle when she is not overheatig.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
supraman508;910999 said:
Yesterday i loosened the head bolts and what i did'nt do the last time when i retorqued the head bolts was doing it in sequence.This way they are even.This saturday i did another stupid thing,i put BARRS into the readiator.and it said that i could mix it with the antifreeze.I WILL NEVER USE THAT STUFF AGAIN.I flushed the system out and retorqued the heads properly.I took out the thermistat since i did'nt want it to get cloged up with that stuff i put in and i drove her and she was steaming from the radiator and over heating.that was with the thermistat in.i took it out and she steams alittle.but does'nt over heat when i drive her just alittle steam.i don't know why she is steaming alittle when she is not overheatig.
That stuff can clog the radiator, and do a better job cloging the heater core. You might be able to run some Prestone radiator flush thru it, maybe it will help IDK.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
steam from engine area= leak. Find leak, and fix. Get your system power flushed with a special air gun that forces air through the system and can hopefully try to break up and flush out that crap you put in your engine

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Even better is the statement, "...what i didn't do the last time when i retorqued the head bolts was doing it in sequence."

And why do people think Barr's leak is a good idea? The best thing it will do is sit at the bottom of the block, wasting whatever money was spent on it. The worst it will do is plug up the radiator. Fortunately for you, you probably got most of it out if you flushed it soon after you added it.

Unfortunately for you, I don't think IJ was predicting the future, so much as telling you what's already wrong...