Resistor box removal?

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
Hey sm im looking to remove my resistor box due to my new injectors and not sure on how to do so, iv done research but haven't found much for 7m just a bunch of hondas saying cut and put all the wires together, is it the same for my car just cut the 4 wires and just connect all 4 together and take resistor box out? any help would be great thanks guys, also pictures of anyone who has done this would be great as well thanks everyone.

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
supraguy@aol;1736200 said:
Clarification- What type of injectors are you putting in- and what year is your car- '88?

its a 1990 and 550cc high impedance Denso injectors

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

jetjock;1736206 said:
The answer is yes, connect the wires together.

so just take the 4 wires on the harness and put it together , that easy?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I mean rather than cut the connector off the harness cut the wires off the resistor box and tie them together. Course, that'll make the box junk. It's six of one half dozen of the other. Me, I'd buy a new connector with pins and wire it so I could go back but something tells me you're not going to do that...

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
jetjock;1736218 said:
I mean rather than cut the connector off the harness cut the wires off the resistor box and tie them together. Course, that'll make the box junk. It's six of one half dozen of the other. Me, I'd buy a new connector with pins and wire it so I could go back but something tells me you're not going to do that...

i understand most of what you said only thing i dont understand is "It's six of one half dozen of the other" what do you mean by that?

metaphysico

Mad Scientist
Jan 2, 2008
Gainesville, Georgia
He means either you will destroy your car harness or destroy the harness for the box. A box with no connectors is junk but a wiring harness that is cut is not a good thing to have. But you can get a spare box on here for cheep so get one cut it and keep the spare.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Lol.
And remember that a stitch in time saves nine.
Or it might be ten- can't remember. Check the service manual to be sure before you begin.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Or you could save both :)
p1737351_1.jpg