research paper

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
ok i have a research paper that i gotta finish by monday and i didnt even start, and its gotta be 5 pages long. i wanna write it on something about cars, i was thinking about specifically a 2jz into an mk3. anyone have any ideas, i wanna get this started today. thanks.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
ok first off, what kind of research paper is this? What class, what are the grading criteria?

Engine swap is probably a Bad Idea for a college level research paper, as you aren't going to find peer reviewed sources. Most of your sources are going to be purely opinion with dyno sheets and track slips being your only hard numbers.

my .02

Mr.Forks

AnotherFoolJoe
Jun 8, 2009
nyc
www.hoonperformance.com
It also depends greatly on the professor-
In college I once gave a lecture on how to tune a nitro r/c car,
Got an excellent grade- took me all of 2 hours to complete. In a different class I did a paper on irrational fear and phobias, went really in depth into the subject (honestly weeks of research, even talked to a therapist who specialized in phobias), and got a just passing grade.

Why not do a paper on the different car cultures? Tuners vs Muscle or
Imports vs Domestics. Or the best sports car ever produced? Not your opinion, but based on the numbers (speed, 0-60, skidpad, you know, the works).

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
flight doc89;1459610 said:
ok first off, what kind of research paper is this? What class, what are the grading criteria?

Engine swap is probably a Bad Idea for a college level research paper, as you aren't going to find peer reviewed sources. Most of your sources are going to be purely opinion with dyno sheets and track slips being your only hard numbers.

my .02

lol idk he just said write a 5 page research paper, pretty much on anything. its for english. i was gonna go into detail about how wiring is the hardest part and what a wiring harness does, and the ecu..blah, blah.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
Mr.Forks;1459613 said:
It also depends greatly on the professor-
In college I once gave a lecture on how to tune a nitro r/c car,
Got an excellent grade- took me all of 2 hours to complete. In a different class I did a paper on irrational fear and phobias, went really in depth into the subject (honestly weeks of research, even talked to a therapist who specialized in phobias), and got a just passing grade.

Why not do a paper on the different car cultures? Tuners vs Muscle or
Imports vs Domestics. Or the best sports car ever produced? Not your opinion, but based on the numbers (speed, 0-60, skidpad, you know, the works).

the import vs domestic sounds like an interesting topic, but i feel like i dont have enough time. what would i compare? things we do or our cars in general?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
MK3Brent;1459896 said:
I say grow up and write a professional college research paper.
Leave the car crap to the UTI tech school kids.

I'm absolutely obsessed with cars (mkiii's specifically), but I completely agree with Brent here.

As for what to write about though, I have no idea. I hate English papers. Engineering ftw, minimal English fluff papers. :)

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
How many pages doe your paper have to be?

My last teacher said he quit requiring research papers because after two pages he found they were full of bs. That was one of easiest classes ever,lol.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Write a paper on the cash for clunkers program, write from the controversial (but factually supportable) position that CFC is a complete failure.

There's a ton of data available for citations.

TomFraser

Supracentral;1460026 said:
Write a paper on the cash for clunkers program, write from the controversial (but factually supportable) position that CFC is a complete failure.

This is a perfect idea, and I'm sure the professor will find it much more interesting than 5 pages on an engine swap that he will never do / care about.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
MK3Brent;1459896 said:
I say grow up and write a professional college research paper.
Leave the car crap to the UTI tech school kids.

i'm with him. had a ten page paper due in three days and cranked it out on carbon fiber. included a small section in automotive use, specifically formula cars, but focused mainly on the properties of it and applications in areas like aerospace and industrial.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
bmoss85;1460017 said:
How many pages doe your paper have to be?

My last teacher said he quit requiring research papers because after two pages he found they were full of bs. That was one of easiest classes ever,lol.

its gotta be 5 pages.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
Supracentral;1460026 said:

lol i actually wrote a paper on that already, it only had to be 3 pages though.