Replacing the Ceramic Turbos with Steel wheels

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
I know people replace the JDM twins with steel turbos. I need a set for my JDM 2JZ twins. . . they are just a tad big/different than USDM twins.

Can someone give me a link, name, number, etc. ?

Cheers,

Jago

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
I was told that they won't fit . . . as in the turbine and bearing shaft junk won't fit the JDM housings. I know that the USDMs are slighty small in some way.

Could you link a thread or something? I'd love it if where true . . . would be able to hold off on the T61 for awhile.

Thanks for replying . . . they don't over on supraforums :(

Cheers

Last edited:

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
doh .. . I gotcha now. I am assuming that all the vaccum lines match up then?

That tacks on a lot for shipping. The whole shebang is like 50lbs. Hmm, this swap is just one thing after another .. . groan. I am gonna have to think it through some.

Thanks for the patient replies.

Cheers

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
:aigo: If you can't afford $50 dollar shipping for some turbos..... your playing with the wrong car!

All you need is the turbos, they bolt right in place of the JDM ones. Get some USDM 550cc injectors and a resistor pack, SAFC2, and enjoy 400whp all day long!

If your worried about shipping, use Greyhound Xpress. It won't cost more then 40 bucks to ship a set of turbos across the country.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
lol, I what I'm into Ric. I just was viewing the twins as bandaid with a bit of gripping there ;) . But really who wants to pay too much for a band aid.

So I've decided being stubborn and skip the band aid. Just completed payment for a turbonetics T61/manifold/WG/oil lines from a nice guy off Supraforums. He's gonna ship it today if he can :D

Again thanks guys for being gracious in sharing info. I realize that the question was a tinge noobish.

I will let you guys know how things go . .. right now I am looking for a exedy or HKS twin disc clutch off the yahoo auctions--CHEAPNESS

Cheers

Jago