Replacing Suspension Components, Is this needed?

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
Hello there everyone, Im currently replacing all the suspension bushes in my supra. I have a full bush kit so im replacing every bush, Also new steering rack and tie ends. Also both lower front ball joints

Im basically looking to go over the whole car while its all apart and make it new again. Question i have is this arm in the rear with the ball joint on one end is this worthwhile to replace? PN : 48710A And 48720A

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_198909_TOYOTA_SUPRA_MA70-BLPVZ_4804.html

Or is it like the upper front ball joints on the A-Arms that rarely get worn and replacement is not usually necessary?

Does this go for the rear upper A-Arms also? replacement is not usually necessary?

My cars done 200,000KMS

Thanks

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Check the joint as it's much like a rod ends on the steering rack. As long as the boots are not torn they usualy last.

The spherical bushings that go into the spindle are another story. The bushing kits on the market don't include them and they're not fun to replace, but they do wear out...

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
Poodles;1433937 said:
The spherical bushings that go into the spindle are another story. The bushing kits on the market don't include them and they're not fun to replace, but they do wear out...

Sorry but could you elaborate on these spherical bushings a little more? they are where?

Thanks

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
Thanks heaps for pointing those out :icon_smil Ill keep them in mind and check when i get my bush kit, its a custom made kit for the mk3 by a supra owner that makes them here in NZ so i will see if it includes these bushes otherwise i will order them from toyota

Cheers for the advice!