replacing head gasket

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
ok ive changed my mind and decided to replace my headgasket for a MHG and ARP studs since my valve stem seals are leaking anyways even though my headgasket isnt blown...anyone and everyone tell me what all i should replace during this process from clamps and hoses to cam gears and whatnot...i want it to be running flawless when im done and i want to do as much as possible to make it that way im sick of doing small things to hope it will slowly get better im gonna stop running it for a week tear it down do everything and everything right..so what should i do..thanks

also what MHG should i go with and mm size?

Last edited:

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
apexi287 said:
ok ive changed my mind and decided to replace my headgasket for a MHG and ARP studs since my valve stem seals are leaking anyways even though my headgasket isnt blown...anyone and everyone tell me what all i should replace during this process from clamps and hoses to cam gears and whatnot...i want it to be running flawless when im done and i want to do as much as possible to make it that way im sick of doing small things to hope it will slowly get better im gonna stop running it for a week tear it down do everything and everything right..so what should i do..thanks
all the gaskets and seals, spark plugs, possibly turbo(if yours is fucked or u want to replace it) probaly some other things but can't think of them right now.

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
i just did a turbo upgrade so thats good but ive been having issues with that but thats in my other threads..also just replaced plugs and wires two days ago

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Apexi: As many of the coolant hoses as you can replace while the head's off.

Cheap insurance for the future they cost a bit from Toyota but are a LOT cheaper than another rebuild as our motors are intolerant of cooling failures.