Replacement hose (from Valve cover to block)

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
This hose: 12263
MA8835A.gif

is 36$ at toyota dealer. but at that price, Is there any sort of aftermarket an-10 hose or something a bit prettier that I could get. I'm trying to put some bling into the engine bay

I need to replace it because it is leaking quite badly.

also on the PCV system, the 12262 is worth 23$ at the stealership, Is there anywere I can obtain it for cheaper or a aftermarket version of this?

thanks

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
generally with those hoses id say go dealership, driftmotion also carries the 12262 i believe for cheaper then $23. And hell although its a pain but it has worked many times for me before, run into autozone(or any auto parts place) and see if they can find a hose that has very similar bends and such in it, that you can make work, may be a cheap alternative. Good luck

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
That's what I might end up doing (except for 12262 because it is special two different diameter). But it would still be a ugly black rubber hose

thanks anyway, if anyone know if there is something avaiable to cover those hose!?

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
I saw some electrical conduit (aka loom) that kinda looked like grey braided material. It kinda looked like stainless steel braided lined. You might find some of that to cover your lines. I saw it at an electrical store called SK Elecronics but I am across the nation so not a lot of help to you but you could keep an eye out I guess.

campbell.w03

Nov 6, 2009
NoVa
I tried matching up 12263 at J.K. Auto Parts, Autozone, Advanced Auto, etc. I second the opinion of just getting it from the dealer. I found a few hoses with very similar bends, but every one bent too sharply at the valve cover port. And the hose from the dealer comes with that nifty extra insulation stuff up at the top bend. You could go to a place that makes hydraulic hose, I don't know what you have in Canada, but I go to a place called TIPCO here in VA. They are pretty expensive but they have an ungodly amount of different hoses there, it's worth a shot if you really don't want to deal with the dealership...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I've been down this road. You will be happier with the one from the dealer. It's a 'no questions' replacement...it WILL fit.

Regardless of what they tell you, their prices are a bit negotiable. Put on your charm suit and go for it. You might be surprised!

If my memory serves correctly, I think I paid $22 for the last one I bought from the dealer.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
well thanks everyone. I'll make a trip to the stealership with all of my swagg and try to get the price down a notch