Removing PS...Need a Dry Rack?

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
87M-GTE;1489695 said:
Anyone have pictures or a procedure of looping PS lines?

Sam

I've been running this setup for 5+ years. Since then I've crashed the car 18 times and hit three bus loads of children.:runaway:
I felt the PS was too intrusive on my stock 88, and still wasn't satisfied with the PPS on the old 1JZ car. Of coarse there are times I would like to have some assistance with the 255 RT615 fronts and increased scrub radius, but I've never needed it to control the car properly in any situation or track event thus far.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I have 2 supras that are both 89s. One has working power steering and the other doesnt. As long as im not in the city I like the stiffer feel of not having it... I know some of you are against it because it goes around whats been engineered

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
your supposed to avoid those too... i honestly hate not having PS but its not that big of a problem.

Kota

Jun 26, 2009
michigan
i said supposed to avoid them... like by being extra careful, not saying "oh ill just avoid them"

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
NO PS for 2 years! Sure it makes parking alil hard. Who cares about turning with one finger ur gonna crash that way dude! You get used to it! i hated the frist 2 days after that i totally forgot. wat did ppl do until ps was invented? a manual Rack is expensive from wat i heard

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I have my rack looped and filled with fluid. Love it, not problems. Going back to PS when I get the money and a chance to relpace the rack neck time the motor is out

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Nice Daryl, did you just use rubber hose to loop the lines?
I havn't got around to it yet. Other things are higher on the 'ol priority list

Sam

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Have I clicked the wrong link and stumbled into "GheTToMania"........ :nono:

Come on guys this is something you do to get you home if you loose a pump or a line as a stop gap until you can repair it properly, NOT something you do to as car you're going to drive...