Removing Pass. Side Inner Tie Rod

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Im installing a set of steering spacers on my rack and pinion. Have the car up in the air on my lift. Already installed the driver side but the passenger side is being a pain. Seems like on the inner tie rod there is a bracket that holds onto the steering damper. I turn the tie rod to loosen it and the bracket hits the subframe. Im thinking I might have to loosen up the rack mount on the passenger side and see if i can't slightly move the rack front to clear the subframe but I was wondering if anyone knew an easier way. :1zhelp:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
pic? the inner tie rod has a lock washer on the end that the tabs need to be bent strait so it can be turned. Other wise use a big ass adjustable wrench on the base and some effort.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
I managed to get it off but I ended up having to unbolt both brackets that hold the rack in place, unbolting the outter tie rods from the hubs, and using a mid sized pry bar to move the pass side of the rack front. But then the tab was hitting the sway bar so i got a stand, put it under the sway bar, lifted the end up a bit to clear the inner tie rod and swapped it out and replaced.