Removing cruise-control guide?

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hey.

Never really used the cruise-control, don't have the need for it on norwegian roads. After my engine swap I've also got a different throttle linkage, so the cruise-control isn't connected at all to the throttle body. Therefor I don't need any of the cruise-control stuff in my car/bay. So I'm wondering if anyone has a guide or such on removing it?

Thanks,
Scott

mkiiibro

Sep 25, 2009
Detroit
when i removed mine, i just took out the actual cruise control unit that is located near the firewall on the drivers side, along with all the vacuum lines that were connected to it. Just make sure you do not have a vacuum leak when you are finished. shouldn't take more than an hour to do. Hope this helps

~phil

mkiiibro

Sep 25, 2009
Detroit
I did mine a year ago. as far as i can remember, there might be one or two electrical connectors, but its mostly just a tangle of vacuum lines. when i did it, i first unbolted the cruise control unit so i could move it around freely and see exactly what connections needed to me removed (electrical, vacuum, throttle linkage) then i disconnected what was needed, made sure all my vacuum lines were connected to something, and i was good to go.

~phil

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Heavy D;1545110 said:
i did the same but now that i did this, my psi gauge doesnt work, but maby thats my own problem with something else?

The vacuum lines and wiring for both are in the same location, so chances are you unplugged either the vacuum line or the wiring to the boost sensor.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
When you remove the cruise control assembly you need to connect the vacuum line for the boost gauge back up with the other vacuum line that runs over the brake booster. I literally did this 5 min ago. lol