Removing beep when door is open

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
It's not a walk in the park, but a nightmare is a bit of an overstatement IMO.

I put a Supra integration relay into my AE86 to control a few things, it wasn't horrible.

Jeff

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Have to disconnect all the wiring that's never been disconnected before all with your head crammed under the dash. Wouldn't be as bad if the dash or driver's seat was out, but not something I'd ever do again.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mkiiichip;1772460 said:
Its that thing under the dash, making the beeping noise. Its under the dash, beeping.

I actually LOL'd when I read that...

IJ.;1772530 said:
Is that how you did the beeper in the short bus? :nono:

Is he the one who has been messing with the bus?

sm-shortbus.gif

JZA70 Limited

Jul 19, 2008
Townsville
im puzzled as to how people lock their keys in their car in the first place and the need for the anti-lockout feature. if you get into the habit of locking the car once you are outside it, you will never lock your keys in there as you need them with you to lock the car in the first place.

i just cut the two wires going to the key switch (not the barrel itself, but the one which detects if there is a key in the barrel). IIRC is was a white switch mounted directly below the barrel.

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
iwannadie;1772469 said:
You are running the radio off the battery but are worried that a few gauge lights will kill your battery... ?
Dan_Gyoba;1772471 said:
Turning the ignition to "on" will run the fan (if on) and power the ECU and dash lights. In comparison to the radio, the only significant drain in that is the fan, which you can simply switch off.

I think Im just gonna go with unplugging the key sensor and not the door switch since I dont wanna find out the hard way that my door is open on the freeway haha..
and the integration relay is more trouble than this is worth.
Thanks for help guys.