Removing air condtioner help

Toyotaxtreamteam

Feb 26, 2006
Mass
for now i am gona remove belt will that help a bit, but i intend to remove the whole system this week what steps do i have to do , li8ke removing it with out killing my self and whats to remove

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
hottscennessey said:
Have a shop do it if you want to save the enviroment.

Dont take the lines from the compressor off first, lest you want the side of your engine covered in orange residue.

spend a few bucks and have a shop drain it for you.

Shed some weight and off your heater core too :naughty:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You could be Moral Orel and take the car to any shop that does AC work and they'll recover the refrigerant, probably for free. Or you could just vent it and have a neighbor report you to the EPA. After you go to court and pay the fine (or get released from prison) you get the neighbor to split the $5-10K he got for snitching on you. You can trust him....that's what neighbors are for ;)

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
dude if you are goig to remove it the best thing to have is bolt cutters cut thosu lines ot shit to get them out fo the way saves alot of time in less you might wana install it again then ignore my post

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha. we had an accident removing the compressor from a freezer (a large, 4 glass door setup for convenience stores/gas stations). we cut the elec. wires and swung the compressor around til it broke the copper hardline. the cooler purged its nitrous, and the air got about 5 degrees colder within 15 feet of the thing. it was damn cool, literally.