Remove Area Around Quarter Panel Glass

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
Gonna get my quarter panels tint redone tomorrow, wondering how I can remove the area around the glass so that they can tint the whole part and not leave the line on the dot matrix where they cannot reach lol

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah..... I just removed my interior pita! If I remember correctly there is a screw tucked behind the speaker back in the corner. You can probably take some short cuts and bend some parts to try and get a screwdriver back there but you run the risk of cracking something.

Late

Feb 22, 2011
Appleton, WI
if youre taking out the back interior, make sure you take that back speaker out first, i didnt and destroyed one of my rear quarter interior panels :O good thing i have extras

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, I wouldn't try bending. Best case it works, more common you'll get warping, white lines (bend plastic it turns white) or cracking. Those panels are one of the first pieces to go in, meaing everything else needs to be removed first :(

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I even took out that black platform that's between the spare tire and the black seat. I'm makes it a lot easier to pull out that big corner piece that wraps around the tail lights. That way I wouldn't scratch any pieces.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Late;1695185 said:
if youre taking out the back interior, make sure you take that back speaker out first, i didnt and destroyed one of my rear quarter interior panels :O good thing i have extras

While you're at it, don't put that piece back in. Those hatch speakers don't do much, unless you count making your sound muddy. They are extremely simple to remove, just a couple bolts and the plug.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You're not really complaining about having to take the interior apart are you? I think by now, I could have the entire interior (minus dash) out in less than an hour... Done it enough times by this point. Anyway, these parts tend to be brittle 20-odd years later, so be careful and take your time. I believe a friend of mine used some sort of paint to 'tint' where the dots were on the quarter windows. I don't really care, so it looks a little silly, but whatever. :)

Rob_Supra87

87NAPWR
Aug 3, 2008
Millbrae
Haha soon i am going to be taking apart the back to fix the sealing on my tail lights due to rain problems so when I do that I will just take it all apart lol

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yep....that's what I'm waiting for. I ordered my gaskets yesterday. I wanted to take care of everything at once. To minimize the risk of breaking or scratching the interior.

Last edited: