Removal of Upper Control arm

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
I am installing springs and according the TSRM I need to disconnect the upper control arm. I loosened it up and a long bolt (no longer than a foot long) is required to come out horizontally but hits something and wont let me take it out. Has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: heres a pic if no one understands me

FA_017.gif

Last edited:

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
Yeah i did too. Its just a big pain in the ass but it comes out you gotta jiggle and shakeit out but it coms out.

Good Luck

Dustin
<edit IJ> Fixed your sig Dustin ;)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
If you're talking about the passenger's side, you'll need to partially remove the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, or unbolt it enough to move it aside, as the bolt will hit it before you can remove it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Ian- That could be. My car used to have headlight washers, so maybe that's why? I never knew that the washer bottle was larger. :) Cool!

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
shaeff;992134 said:
If you're talking about the passenger's side, you'll need to partially remove the windshield wiper fluid reservoir, or unbolt it enough to move it aside, as the bolt will hit it before you can remove it.

QFT

You dont have to take our the control arm, jsut the upper bolt.

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
Yep it was the windshield wiper fluid reservoir that was in the way, it was a pain in the ass but it was well worth it. No more 4x4 :)