Remote start Install guide W/Pics. (Dialup go have a sandwich.)

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
The newer clifford alarms that have remote start have a specific set of actions that you have to do to set the remote start for a manual transmission. If you don't do them, you won't be able to remote start the car.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
^ true, yet as an installer i know you can hook them up the "wrong way" too. as in you can do it with a regular remote starter and just hope you never leave it in gear...but yes systems are designed not to start in gear. not just clifford either, we use Avitals/Vipers/Pythons all made by DEI and they have a door open/close/ebrake sequence for programming

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Actually I'm Viper authorized now, so any new systems I sell now would be Viper instead of Clifford. Same stuff just branded differently. And I always have Avital in stock as well. Anyone interested in any Directed Electronics Including Viper, Avital, Clifford, Orion and Python can PM me for a quote.

SupraBro

I am rocking the viper 5901, what is cool about these is you can use it as a turbo timer. A bunch of guys go and buy a turbo timer for the price of a viper, this is dumb, you can have a alarm, keyless, and remotestart with a 2way remote of a range of a mile

Just letting you guys know

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------