Reman'd Brake Calipers

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Anyone using Remanufactured Brake Caliper's on their Supra's? my Calipers are dragging like crazy. i have Re-greased the slider pins 4 times now and it doesn't help.

if I'm on the highway for awhile they get incredibly hot. by the time i need to slow down on the off ramps my brake's fade like CRAZY.

i found a few site's for Reman'd Brake Caliper's. i just wanted some input from some people who may have used them and where you got them from.

i thought about rebuilding mine but they are just rusted up and nasty looking so im not gonna do that.

LMK any info you may have. Thanks

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
Reman'd or Rebuilt? where did you get them done at and price??

i found a site that or like 45/caliper with the old core.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
My parts store sells them here.

Made by Fenco (Raybestos), they come semi-loaded so they're ready to go right out of the box, great deal on them too.

SLC8734U FR 35.54 my cost 35 core
SLC8735U FL 38.54 my cost 35 core

SLC8732U RR 56.96 my cost 45 core
SLC8733U RL 56.96 my cost 45 core

Rears are more expensive due to ebrake parts I believe.

I'm buying a set for myself along with some new stainless lines very shortly :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Rear calipers have nothing to do with the parking brake on a Supra. Either way, those prices are dirt cheap. If I was going to stick OEM though, I'd either rebuild them myself or get Toyota OEM remanufactured units. They're a bit more, but they're essentially (for all intents and purposes) brand new calipers. Aftermarket rebuilt calipers are sometimes hit and miss, and that's okay for a cheaper car, but on something heavy like the Supra, braking components are not a place I'd take a chance on something cheaper.

Jeff

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
The Reaper;917042 said:
Reman'd or Rebuilt? where did you get them done at and price??

i found a site that or like 45/caliper with the old core.

I had reman'd calipers. I forget the company but they have a good rep. i will call around and double check it.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Jeff Lange;917070 said:
If I was going to stick OEM though, I'd either rebuild them myself....

That's what I did. Iirc there's a caliper rebuild kit that's separate from the wheel cylinder kit. Since I periodically flushed the brake system from day one there was no corrosion and the method worked out well.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
The Reaper;917097 said:
well how much are they Lange.

i'm not gonna pay more than 60 a caliper

$63.00 for the front each
$85.00 for the rear each

From Elmhurst/Champion and the like online, about $45 for the front and $60 for the rear (each of course).

Front rebuild kit: $20.00 MSRP (kit to do 2 calipers)
Rear rebuild kit: $24.00 MSRP (again, to do 2 calipers)

I rebuilt the calipers on my AE86 this year, the rears are a pain in the butt if it's your first time doing them, lol, but the Supra isn't setup like that and should be simple to do.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jeff Lange;917070 said:
Rear calipers have nothing to do with the parking brake on a Supra. Either way, those prices are dirt cheap. If I was going to stick OEM though, I'd either rebuild them myself or get Toyota OEM remanufactured units. They're a bit more, but they're essentially (for all intents and purposes) brand new calipers. Aftermarket rebuilt calipers are sometimes hit and miss, and that's okay for a cheaper car, but on something heavy like the Supra, braking components are not a place I'd take a chance on something cheaper.

Jeff

Yea I didnt think they had the ebrake built into the caliper, I guess the rears are generally just more expensive since they are usually replaced less often. The Fenco calipers that we have (or all of the ones i've seen so far) are absolutely top notch and come with everything you'd expect. I can see the Toyota rebuilt ones being not-so-cheap too. But hey, it's a good alternative for those on a tighter budget.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Jeff, do you know exactly what the rebuild kit includes?

The pistons and everything are fine on mine, but the slides are worn...