Relocate coolant res near brake master?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I did, but it looked like poo, and air seemes to get into the system still. I have seen some really nice and thin aluminum ones on hotrods but have never founf who makes them. Seems we are in similar situations!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc beech performance sells a nice alum over flow.

If i run out of room coming up when i re mount my ic ill prolly put it under the drivers fog light or between the battery and rad. Its not something i really ever use so if its a pain in the ass to get too thats fine with me.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
toyotanos;1740445 said:
I did, but it looked like poo, and air seemes to get into the system still. I have seen some really nice and thin aluminum ones on hotrods but have never founf who makes them. Seems we are in similar situations!

Yeah I've got to imagine it would look like crap there but I'm getting desperate. ha.

Ideally what I need is a shorter but wider rectangular piece but all I can seem to find are the cylinder types like the ones mentioned below (http://beechperformance.com/html/misc_products.html). I've searched high and low and can't find #### as you've mentioned for the nice thin aluminum pieces matching my needs.

hvyman;1740456 said:
Iirc beech performance sells a nice alum over flow.

If i run out of room coming up when i re mount my ic ill prolly put it under the drivers fog light or between the battery and rad. Its not something i really ever use so if its a pain in the ass to get too thats fine with me.

yeah I'm a 2JZ with 3" intercooler piping from the throttle body so there is no room next to the battery. Then the K&N filter I have up front along with the intercooler piping routed under the passenger headlight takes up all my room in that area. My intercooler (24x12x4 core) is pushed up as high as possible while leaving about 5 inches of height for a coolant res and just enough where it is even on the bottom with the bumper lip.

So the only really open space in the engine bay right now is the rear driver or that 5 inch high by about 10 inch wide space above the intercooler I'd ideally like to find a piece for.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
What about under the drivers head light?

Could ask beech performance to make you one in the size you need. Im sure he would. His section in in the vendor section on here.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I have every intention of making one similar to what you have in mind, with an inspection hole on the side that I can shine a light into and see where the fluid level is. I've seen plenty of cars use old beer/soda bottles, seems to work well enough. :)

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
te72;1740843 said:
I have every intention of making one similar to what you have in mind, with an inspection hole on the side that I can shine a light into and see where the fluid level is. I've seen plenty of cars use old beer/soda bottles, seems to work well enough. :)

lol your post aside I have been truly amazed by how often that suggestion comes up. I just can't bring myself to do it.

None the less... You planning on making it any time soon? Because that sounds awesome.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Won't be any time soon man, still gotta save up the money for the turbo, pull the engine, build the manifold, test fitting, final welding, blah blah blah... all that before even worrying about the intercooler and space issues in the front. Personally if it were me, I'd be looking to see who can build something like that, not like it'd be terribly complicated, it's a box with an inspection port. My biggest concern is keeping the fluid level sensor (birdcage/cheap g-meter light) functioning.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I relocated my battery to the rear, And putting both my coolant overflow reservoir and power steering reservoir right where my battery was.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Albert;1741391 said:
I relocated my battery to the rear, And putting both my coolant overflow reservoir and power steering reservoir right where my battery was.

That was an option I forgot to suggest, just make sure you do the relocation properly! Should be a good place for a water/meth tank too...