relay location

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Jeez. Well then, where *are* you getting power? Did you jumper the COR like you were told to? What is the status of the powerless fuses mentioned in your other thread? The one you failed to reply to before starting this one? Does the fuel pump run when the engine is cranking? Does it run if you disconnect the small wire on the starter and hold the key to start? Does it run if you manually reach inside the AFM and push the vane in with the key on? What did you eat for breakfast? How many rubber bands are in your house? If Train A left St Louis at 4:15 am and Train B left Las Vegas at 1:25 pm which would be closer to Denver when they passed each other? If a plane crashes on the border between the US and Canada in what country do you bury the survivors?

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
AJ'S 88NA;1242969 said:
Funny guy:yelrotflm

well let me break it down....

1-efi 15amp amp fuse is getting power

2-the main efi relay is taking in power and giving it out

3-when i did the b+ and FP the fuel pump kicked on...

4-when i turn on the ignition the fuel pump does nt prime.

5-i did the ecu code chk and i got a ignition code i think it was a code 54, now i am being told that the main efi relay will not power the the fuel pump relay if there are not enough crancken amps, enough power to the ignition or if the fuel rail is not getting power...so now what....i have the same priblm with my turbo with the same no start shit...how do i test the rain and the ignition to c if thats true and one more thing..when i neg grounded my test light and and touched the green wire going into the afm sensor the fuel pumped kicked on? i am told by splicing into this wire and spliceing into the cor green wire i cld by pass the fuel pump relay...now my question is if the cor gives power to the fuelp pump and the cor gets power to the fuelp pump relay and the efi main gives power to the fuel pump relay, now by doing this neg to sfm sensor relay does that mean the the mentioned link is broken or is the ecu shuting off the power to the injectors to kill the efi main from giving power to the fuel pump relay...or should i say f+++ and and just run a pos wire to the pump with a 15amp fuse with a cut off switch.

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
jetjock;1243896 said:
Amazing. Try answering the questions I ask you. At least the ones concerning your problem...

i jumpted the cor with the fp and b+ and i was sending fuel.

the fuse in the other that were not working b4 are working, apprentle u have to turn on the light to power them up..they were the headlight fuses (whats the tel fuse for?)

the fuel pump does not work when the car is cranking and i did nt chk for that wire that u are talking about.

it does however start when i spray starter fluid in it but after it shuts down, so what does that mean..

??if the starter is not connected right or grounded right wld the ecu cut the ignition which wld cut the efi relay.?

also i have 2 amp fuse on the driver side kicjk panel that are not working...should i pull trhe panel out and trace the wires ir does some one have a fuse block diagram....i thik the problem might be with the starter, b/c i jumped the powering it from the battery. the starter gave out so i have to replace it anyway so ill chk the wire but what else can cause the problem..someone told me about the ignition and the injectors that need testing to c if they are getting power, how can i do that with a multi meter.

Last edited:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
That's it. You're gonna have to answer the last two questions in my post above before we can continue. And the "tel" fuse (asked before your edit) is for a telephone. You should pick one up and call someone who knows what they're doing because, like, damn....

tsparks01

Jun 6, 2008
queens new york
jetjock;1244017 said:
That's it. You're gonna have to answer the last two questions in my post above before we can continue. And the "tel" fuse (asked before your edit) is for a telephone. You should pick one up and call someone who knows what they're doing because, like, damn....

sorry dude i am not a mechanic nor did i claim to say i know what i was doing but thats how u learn by asking question,,,,f--it ill just tie the afm green wire into the the ecu....
read the ecu..got a code 22, 24, 41. 51...i know i have a bad water temp switch and the afm connector was not connected while i read the ecu but i also got a code 41, 51...

Last edited: