Reinstalling the headlight switch help

laconic

Apr 16, 2008
alabama
I have a 88 Supra I'm trying to replace the switch itself on, and I've been trying for the past two hours to get the little ball bearing to line up correctly and when it finally gets on and i tighten the bracket that holds it... one or two movements and the ball bearing slips right back off. I can take pictures if needed, but i'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me to get the damn thing back together.

I tried helping him(in person), but i did all i could come up with. after you take the steering wheel off, there is the blinker/headlight switch...his broke and i got him another one off a junk supra. There is some type of spring at the end of the switch, that connects to a ball bearing and is held together with a 90 degree piece of metal and two screws. Retarded. lol. WE NEEDZ HELP!

laconic

Apr 16, 2008
alabama
After browsing the forums (and losing the damn bearing too) I've decided its just going to be much less headache to replace the entire combination switch. I guess i should of done that from the begining, but live and learn i guess.

laconic

Apr 16, 2008
alabama
Yeah, I wish i would of known from the begining the easiest by far way to do it is to replace the whole thing.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Replace the whole thing... or attempt to just tighten the screw in the end of the stalk.

I've taken apart the one in mine, and it's a bitch, I remember using some tools to keep things in place (feels like you need about ten hands)