Red VS Yellow RonnieK subframe bushings

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm going to be making a purchase of either the red or yellow subframe bushings this weekend. I'm trying to decide which shore of bushing to go with. The car for the most part will be a DD but will see some track use on the weekends here and there.

Also would anyone reccomend using different shore bushings on the front compared to the rear or vice verca?

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Just in FYI there are other colors other then red and yellow that you can order from Ronnie that provide different shore hardness. For example, I ordered blue which is a little softer then yellow. For a dd or street driven car it should ride like it did coming off the show room floor.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
IJ.;1692300 said:
I ran Red's in mine, noticably harder/harsher than the stock bushes, if I were to do it again I'd go one of the softer options.

Now you tell me! I think at the time I bought mine Ronnie was just offering the red ones? Any way the White Line bushings are yellow and the Energy Suspension bushings from Raptor Racing are black, might be an interesting combination. At least 3 different colors keeps it interesting-visually.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
My choose supplier is Raptor Racing although I'm sure George could special order in other colors with his regular stock he only common stocks the red and yellow. I ended up deciding to go with the yellows.

What shore were the blue ones? What do you think of them?

Last edited:

mk3_4me

Apr 24, 2011
Sandy Eggo
Does a bear shit in the woods? Does a zebra have stripes? Can Opra steal your soul? Yes. Reds are a HUGE difference, compared to stock. IIRC, the reds that I bought from Ronnie have a durometer of 95. The yellows, I believe were 75. Either way, the reds are just below getting solid bushings.

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
Slight change in subject, but still relevant. Does anyone run solid bushings? like the ones made by beech performance?

I have obtained a set and was thinking about installing them, but to be honest I am afraid they will be to harsh and allow for to much road noise to be echo'ed through the car.