Recommended E85 fuel setup for something around 600ish whp

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Currentally have a 400lph e85 walbro intank on a stock system. looking to try out e85 and aem flex fuel update and shoot for something in the low 600whp. So here is what im thinking

The Injectors
I used a injector size calculator online and came up with 1500cc @ 80%DC

The Fuel line
The fuel line brand or specs is unknown but the feed will be a single 8an
and the return will be a single 6an threw a flexfuel after the regulator.

The Rail
I thought about drilling the center of the rail between injector 3 and 4 for the return.

The Pump(s)
Since I have a 400lph i figure id give it a twin setup. Does anyone know if they fit in the tank with minimal modification?

Looking for builds that are e85 for something to learn from to copy.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I know my walbro 400 isn't E85 safe, so you'll need the new e85 safe walbros.

PTFE I believe is E85 safe fuel lines.

You can buy a fuel rail from Albert with 2 feeds and a return from the CSI. IIRC he tig welded the fittings on.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I know multiple cars running 1200cc precision injectors and making that power. This is what I am running, and love them so far, just make sure you set up the injector values right in the ecu.

As for fuel line size, stock would be sufficient, but you could run say a -6 or -8 feed, and -6 return. (I am running a -10 to and through my pump and filters, down to a -8 after the second filter to the rail. With a -6 return)

I am not sure how jz rails flow, but I know the stock 7m rail is more than enough for this power.

As for a pump, I am not sure how the 400lph would do at those hp levels, but two 255's are plenty, but I am not a fan of running dual pumps.
I have a big external pump for my set up, and love it.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
So from the top of the 400lph pump itself to a second inline pump (hvyman what would be good?) Then to a filter will be -10

Then go to -8 after the filter. The rail return can be -6 return.
I wasn't sure if it was needed to drill and tap between injector 3 &4 for that to be a feed and 2 returns for a more equal delivery or if this is overkill under 700hp.

AnubisMK3

Jul 31, 2012
Milwaukee
1986.5supra_kid;1970930 said:
The 400 I have is e85 ready. I contacted Aaron at DM.com and he said that he doesn't think 2 will fit in the hole. (That's what she said) so I guess I'll look into this surge tank stuff

You can use the duel pump hanger with 400lph, its a little tricky to do but you can put 1 on the outside of the bracket, only thread on the lower bolt on the second pump and use a swivel and extensions to tighten the 2 once its just inside the tank, other solution is to run an external secondary pump

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
I attached the current 400lph via a stainless hose clamp and put a radiator hose around the pump to isolate some vibrations (noises) that the pump may transfer

dlgateway.jpg

this hangar that DM.com has I guess is the dual hangar your talking about? whats so different about it from the stock?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Aeroquip russells earls and xrp. I've found the summit to be a pain. The nice fittings go together like budder especially with nylon braided hose.

Tho with e85 you will have to make sure that the hose you use is e85 compatible.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
PTFE line is e85 ready.

Id like to better understand pump setups. so if there is a 400plh in tank and it goes to an inline pump like a 340lph or vice versa. wouldnt one pump not be able to keep up or rather slow the other down or is it that there is 40psi going to one pump which theroretically could compound the pressure in the second pump but this is still now flow right? ::dunce::

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
hmmm

with todays current tech and still running those god aweful Low-Z 1200cc/min injectors? yuck! You can almost forget doing flex fuel with those are there idling is a horrendous steaming pile. For E85 ONLY they will work.

What standalone will be controlling them?