Rebuilding torn leather covers.

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
Hey everyone. Sorry if this has been brought up before but I haven't seen a thread regarding these seat covers I bumped into on e bay. Heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...023QQitemZ360013705041QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

My front seats of my 91 are ripped apart and wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with these seat covers. They look like they can give me back the factory look I want to keep on my car without replacing them for buckets or anything. Plus I love the two tone gray style they have. The foam from under the seating though has been ripped as well so I don't know if that would hurt the final look on the installation. Any input would be appreciated!

Jetfixr757

Sleeper
Mar 30, 2005
Cocoa, Florida
I am right now in the process of putting a set of these on my car, front and back, so i will let you know, they are so far pretty close, i am no upholstery expert and i have done my passenger front seat and now working on the drivers seat, i had to add some foam in certain spots to make up for worn out foam and to fill some spots in the seats at they are not quite the same at the factory ones but for the money i am real happy so far.
You must be open minded and be willing to make stuff work i am also adding the seat heater options.
Jet

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
Any update on the finished product jet? I see them going on ebay without a bidding price on buy now for 500 and 75 shipping so its pretty costly. Sorry for the late bump just curious and maybe someone else had experiences with these particular covers?

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
Jetfixr757;885771 said:
I am right now in the process of putting a set of these on my car, front and back, so i will let you know, they are so far pretty close, i am no upholstery expert and i have done my passenger front seat and now working on the drivers seat, i had to add some foam in certain spots to make up for worn out foam and to fill some spots in the seats at they are not quite the same at the factory ones but for the money i am real happy so far.
You must be open minded and be willing to make stuff work i am also adding the seat heater options.
Jet

Jet, I'm looking forward to some pictures of your install. Did you steam the foam before installation? When I worked for a shop, we would steam any old cushions and they would expand to their new condition (if not rotted).

cwd