Rebuilding head

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
hey guys, So first off, i have a 7m head that is not being used form a engine in which i threw my rod in. and i am currently taking automotive classes at my school. and with all the machines an stuff i have access to, i've had some crazy ideas for that head. i am thinking about doing a 3 angle valve job, and putting bigger valves like Sheaf. He is the only one i know that has done it. I am also considering shaving the head down for more compression. i heard that this could be a bad thing. the problem i am having is i don;t know who sells oversized vavles. i know trd makes or used to make some stuff for the celica, and i would love for my valves to be trd as well. leave input or whatever like performance increase for whatever i would have. thanx!

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
supra_man87;924925 said:
I am also considering shaving the head down for more compression. i heard that this could be a bad thing.

N/A Upgrade FAQ vaguely explains this. I got the info below from the FAQ.

drjonez said:
shaving the head to up CR isn't the best idea as the combustion chamber gets all wacky then

IJ. said:
It affects the "Squish band" and the Quench of the head and changes how it burns the fuel

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It also takes the engine slightly out of time. It will still run, but it won't be straight up. And unlike cam gears, you can't tweak it.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Nick M;924995 said:
It also takes the engine slightly out of time. It will still run, but it won't be straight up. And unlike cam gears, you can't tweak it.

Another quote I can add to it, thanks. :D

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
AJ'S 88NA;925214 said:
Supertech and Ferrea make oversize valves to name a few. I have the Supertech.

well i looked at the selection at horsepower freaks, and just being new to bigger mods like this, i was amazed at the price. i guess the way i am understanding it is that for bc valves, its 180 something for just the exhaust valves or just the intake valves. not all 24 valves. am i understanding that right?