Rebuilding a New Motor, JDM or USA Motor???

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
What is recommended for a rebuild motor, a JDM motor or a USA motor? How much of a different do the JDM motor make? Would it be better to spend the money I would spend for a JDM motor to rebuild the USA motor?

Thanks.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
depends on the condition of your existing engine

it's hit or miss with JDM engines, it could already be worse off then your existing engine...

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Should have :rofl:

OP, The "JDM" 7M-GTE and 7M-GE are identical to their counterparts sold here only differing in few ways. One being the EGR system. I'm not sure how many more differences there are.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Big Wang Bandit said:
Should have :rofl:

OP, The "JDM" 7M-GTE and 7M-GE are identical to their counterparts sold here only differing in few ways. One being the EGR system. I'm not sure how many more differences there are.

Ceramic turbos, I think

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Just go with whatever is cheapest/easiest to source, which will probably be a USDM motor.

Contrary to popular belief, JDM cars/motors can be just as ragged out as much as their US counterparts.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I dont know if you can tell just by looking but my JDM motors turbo doesnt look ceramic.(7m) Did JDM motors come with an oil baffle? I havnt taken the oilpan off mine yet, guess i'll find out soon enough.