rebuild rear in north carolina??

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
Okay so, my baby needs a new rear differential. it's a 1989 supra turbo. (3.73? i don't remember)

but anyways, i don't know if i should just buy a brand new one, or get the one i have completely rebuilt.

with that being said, does anyone have any recommendations on good rear ends?

also what ratio is it, is it 3.73? or something different?

does anyone know of a good rear differential guy in the raleigh/clayton area?

sorry for so many questions, but i just want to make sure everything gets done right.

so again, just to clarify, if the price is right i may get a new one, but also if anyone knows of a good rear end builder i may get it rebuilt.

so i thank everyone in advance for the input (no really i do, i really appreciate the help)

willing to travel a bit, so anything like in fayettville, greensboro, etc etc

-Dan

shiftdrift

Jan 11, 2010
indiana
Rebuilding rears is pretty easy. Just need the proper gauges. I'm sure any transmission shop would do it, basically any reputable shop. It would probably be a better option to buy a new one with what ratio you want, installation is easy.

Supra_dan

Aug 14, 2011
north carolina
as far as installing it goes, yeah that's no prob. i already have the bad diff out and sitting in my garage. (and damn that thing was a lot heavier than i thought it would be hahah)

My brain gets scrambled when i look at what it takes to actually rebuild it, tooooo many parts and what not.