Rebuild parts? HELP!

fastazzsupra

Mar 23, 2006
South Carolina
I need a new or rebuilt cylinder head and I could use some advice. My best option to date is a rebuilt one from Importperformanceparts.net. There I found one for $590+shipping with new cams installed. Is there anyone that has delt with them before or knows orf a cheaper way. Also, I discovered that my supposed 7mgte is lacking piston squirters. Is this normal for a 1988 7mgte? I know you people know 7m and any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

fastazzsupra

Mar 23, 2006
South Carolina
Spun No2 rod bearing. Metal in oil got between cams and journals. That killed the cams, cam journals, No2 rod, and probably oil pump too. I think the prior owner installed a n/a bottom end on a turbo head. What do you think?

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
You could always buy a JDM 7m from Attarco in Sacramento or another place that sells JDM 7ms with a good reputation. Or you could always read some threads about rebuilding 7ms and do a full in rebuild with ARP stuff, MHG, and more shiny stuff.

fastazzsupra

Mar 23, 2006
South Carolina
The cheapest JDM engine I could find was $1000+shipping. Shipping from CA to SC is an arm and a leg. I plan on rebuilt head/cams, cosmetic mhg, topline gaskets and oil pump, arp mains, and acl duraglide bearings. The bottom end is still untouched and in great shape. Between rebuild, parts, and machining it should be under $1500. Can anyone beat that price?