Rebuild Now running like POOP

88supraFAST1

7M WHAT
Feb 8, 2006
Battle Ground, Wa
Ok guy I just rebuilt The 7mgte in an 88 supra with wisco Pistons, Powder rods. hks head gasket, arp bolts all the way around, I have a turbonetics 60-1, and 750cc inj. And running on the maft pro unit. Well i started it up and it has a very bad steady idle. Its like it has a miss but it doesn't the rpms are very steady. I did i cylinder power balance to make sure all where firing, and they are, all inj are working. have good fuel pressure. I am also running very rich. i tried adjusting the main scale and nothing happens. I have a cold start injector time switch that is broken. Mark at vancouver Toyota told me that it wouldn't start unless that was replaced. but that car starts. Also the car wont rev past 3k I dont know what that is about I read somthing about the ecu could be in safe mode. im kinda stumped right now. input would be very nice.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
If your running super rich like it sounds like you are you need to lean it out, you might we pouring too much gas and washing the cylinder walls which is bad. Do you know what your afr is at???? And is this cold or when fully warmed up?

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
88supraFAST1;931364 said:
this is at cold and warm it doesn't matter, I also cant turn down the fuel the main scale isnt working for some reason on the maft pro.

well you just said the maft pro aint working.. id say that would be first thing you need to fix seeing as its what controls the fuel

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Just a minor detail you forgot to mention! :aigo:

Temporarily remove the MAFT-Pro and go back to the stock setup and see if it runs properly with no codes. Debug from there.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Whats your fuel pressure set at?
You need to get the maft running right before you let that engine run any longer. If its running way rich you will wash the cylinders and will have to tear it back down and replace the rings.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Then fix them. There's enough information on this forum about code 51 to choke a goat yet you, with 270 posts, still think it has to do with the ac switch. Plus you seem to expect the engine to run right without a valid load signal, one of two critical inputs the engine can't operate without. The ECU is telling you what's wrong but instead of addressing those problems you waffle on about injectors, MaftPro, etc, even admitting you're "kinda stumped". Wtf?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...seem to be missing the point. It's NOT GOING to run right with those codes.

Edit: JJ - Much better answer ;)

88supraFAST1

7M WHAT
Feb 8, 2006
Battle Ground, Wa
the codes went way when i put everything back to stock. I took the maft pro out and put in the stock AFM the car runs on its own but acts like it has a miss at idle, like i said before did a power balance test and all are firing, as well as in the right order. also no more codes it revs but is running very rich. Now where im at is trying to figure out why when i plug in the maft pro i get the codes, i know why i get code 24 and 31 that is because it is deleted but why do i get code 51 when i put the maft pro back in.

Edit: Sorry about the wrong info someone told me that 24 was something to do with the AFM I just happen to look it up and it is because of Intake Air Temp Sensor Signal

51 Switch Signal

Diagnosis

* No "IDL" signal, "NSW" signal or "A/C" signal to ECU, during diagnosis check.

Trouble Area

* A/C switch circuit
* A/C switch
* A/C amplifier
* Throttle position sensor circuit
* Throttle position sensor
* ECU

JJ - thank you for the constructive criticism, ever body has been at MR 270 posts. Hell even you where there one day, thank you for being rude to someone who is just trying to look for some help. What a community of supra owners this is.

Thank you to everyone else that has given me positive help because one day when you need help I will try my best just like you did.

Last edited:

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
When you put the stock afm back on did you put the stock injectors back in?

And when you put the maftpro back in make sure you double check that you have everything hooked up right and going where it needs to go!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
88supraFAST1;931640 said:
JJ - thank you for the constructive criticism, ever body has been at MR 270 posts. Hell even you where there one day, thank you for being rude to someone who is just trying to look for some help. What a community of supra owners this is.

Grow a thicker skin...JJ was not rude at all. His comments were based on what you said in post #7...there's no one here that's a mind reader. Perhaps you should be more clear about the problem and provide the detail to help. The guys with real knowledge here are happy to help those that help themself. Otherwise, you just might be allowed to continue your flailing about.